Hoosier Chapter Gathering Spring May 14,15,16 2015

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Hoosier Chapter Gathering Spring May 14,15,16 2015

Postby GerryS » Mon May 18, 2015 5:14 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:Gerry, the weather is something we need to talk about. With a little timing we pulled off the Wine & Cheese and the Pitch-in dinner with minimal stress and moisture.

BTW, the weather was perfect from Tuesday to Friday afternoon. We should have these things during the week. Oh wait, that only works for those some of us without those "pesky jobs" that get in the way.. 8)

We did have a great turnout though. It was good to see the large crowd at the Pitch-in. The food seemed extra good this time thanks to all of the great cooks.

I was supposed to be there Thursday. But the job got in the way.

The blue skies on Sunday were magnificent as well! It made our drive home via the Ohio River Scenic drive a nice extension. Today though, I pay for it all with 7 inch long grass and chores we put off.
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 am

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
John Ruskin

Some people walk in the rain others just get wet !
Roger Miller

Lots of ways of looking at the weather at gatherings. I seem to remember the ones that actually draw us closer together. As the Saturday evening downpour started the neighbors carried over their pop up I broke out my extra 10 x 10 and grabbed some 2x8 planks to build a roof over the existing campfire coals. In about 12 minutes we had a tent city with 10 x 10 kitchen 10 x 10 dining room and 10 x 10 living room. About a dozen of us partied on amid the rain. The campfire protected from the rain caught the temporary roof on fire and in 15 minutes we had a 4 foot campfire that simply laughed at the rain.

I for one didn't mind the couple hours of liquid sunshine one little bit. :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon May 18, 2015 7:49 pm

pjo129 wrote:Kurt/Dan, another fabulous gathering. Despite the power loss on Friday night and the off and on rain. :rainy:

Power loss? I must have been sleeping. :) and yes despite the rain a great weekend.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat May 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Rick & Leona wrote:The food was exceptionally tasty. I hope everyone shares their recipes on the Hoosier cookbook thread. (I think that's what it's called) Kurt are you able to share the link?

We had a great time!

Here is the Hoosier Chapter Cook Book
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Midwest