Visit to Crater of Diamonds

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Visit to Crater of Diamonds

Postby RichGL » Sat May 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Visited Cater of Diamonds Sate Park in Arkansas a couple of weeks ago. Very nice clean park, but not too many rv sites, each site seems to be very large. Stayed two days hunting for diamonds but came away with nothing but filthy clothes and a good time. Would like to go back and try again sometime. Met some very nice people at the campground and in the diamond park. MyPod got quite a bit of attention at the park. Questions like "What is that?" & "Is that a camper?"
Attachments
IMGP1796 (640x427) (450x300).jpg
IMGP1796 (640x427) (450x300).jpg (165.93 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
RichGL
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Visit to Crater of Diamonds

Postby 2bits » Sun May 17, 2015 9:35 pm

I love your MyPod! I ma planning an Arkansas trip so I appreciate the info on the park! :thumbsup:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby RZRBUG » Sun May 17, 2015 10:44 pm

One of the nicest, best kept state parks I've ever stayed in. Stopped by on the way home from Beavers Bend. No diamonds here either, but getting dirty was a lot of fun.
Larry & Booger (my dog)
Happy Trails Y'all
RZRBUG
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nobody » Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 am

Our deer club hunting lease adjoins one corner of the Crater of Diamonds State Park property. We've hunted that area for more'n 20 years. We go to the SP to get water & some of our members go & pay a 'day use' fee to take showers. I'm a native Arkansan, 75 years old, & have never visited the park to search for diamonds, but most of my kids/grandkids/great grandkids have. We have spent several enjoyable nights in the campground. As mentioned above, it is one of the nicer parks/campgrounds you'll find, very clean & well kept. Most of the sites are large with maximum privacy. I think we've spent one night there in the teardrop, but mostly we've used the hook-ups for our old truck camper that got wrecked last November.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to South Central