Telescoping Trolley

Member designs created in Sketchup or other cad program

Re: Telescoping Trolley

Postby aggie79 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:17 am

Sheddie wrote:
tac422 wrote:
KCStudly wrote:Neat look.

Any concerns about stones thrown up by the TV taking out your windows? :thinking:

One answer would be to have the top drop down inside the bottom.
Instead of over the bottom . :thinking:

Issue with that would be getting it water tight.

...and your lower cabinetry would have to be freestanding and by not attaching to the walls the cabinets would not help resist racking of the walls.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby OP827 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:28 am

A Tram, this is a great looking and cute design idea! :thumbsup: Front windows can be protected with screen shields that are fixed to the base floor and stand up with a gap in front of the windows or shields can be made removable, there is always a technical solution if some thinking time is invested :thumbsup: The top is better off be over the bottom like it is designed now. I like it!
OP827
Donating Member

Postby OP827 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:28 pm

I am interested to learn how you designed the folding door details. From what I can see the hinged and tilting section will have to be completed with a stationary frame around it or it will not be able to shut agains any frame then? Could you explain in more detail how your door is going to work and where are the door frame parts located in your design?
OP827
Donating Member

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:33 am

icematrix wrote:...Or Tram for those not from America. I posted my boxy minimalistic home design a few weeks back, but was told it would probably lead to terrible gas mileage, so I started thinking about a curvier design that my kids would like.

Here's my first few rough sketches, please forgive the lack of door, or the missing part of roof, those compound dome-like shapes are really hard to make even with "follow-me" :?

trolley-up.jpg

trolley-down.jpg

I think that is really cool.
:thumbsup:
BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby mallymal » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm loving the concept... Very original. I agree you need some kind of lifting mechanism. if you could work out the exact balance point front to back and left to right, would some kind of central internal Jack work? It would then just be a central pole when elevated.... Which would look normal in a trolley bus (as long as it wasn't in the middle of your bed! :? )
Other than that, all I can think of is like others have said, cables and puleys as used on a pop up. Good luck and can't wait to see it!
mallymal
The 300 Club

Postby Bogo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:08 pm

For lifting mechanisms, look at what is already in use in pop-up travel trailers. Given it has only one section lifted, a cable run to each corner with pulleys to bring them together underneath. Then attach them together, and run a cable to a hand winch at the tongue.
Bogo
500 Club

Postby swoody126 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:17 am

Bogo wrote:For lifting mechanisms, look at what is already in use in pop-up travel trailers. Given it has only one section lifted, a cable run to each corner with pulleys to bring them together underneath. Then attach them together, and run a cable to a hand winch at the tongue.

check with insurance companies that do RV policies

they will surely have a guy who buys their hail damaged/totaled pop top campers

buying the totaled rig could supply you with an undercarriage, a lift system & camper style stuff like sinks, stoves, heaters & refrigerators

modifying an existing system might be easier than re-inventing the wheel

justa ponderment

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Previous

Return to Sketch up designs