Design Thoughts for a Harbor Freight Super Duty 4x8 Trailer

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Design Thoughts for a Harbor Freight Super Duty 4x8 Trailer

Postby stugpanzer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Thanks to Graniterich for providing some dimensions of the Harbor Freight 1720LB Super Duty 4x8 trailer!

I have an idea for a standy on an unmodified HF trailer. The idea I have would overhang the front and back of the cargo area of the trailer by one foot and each side by about 6". The height from the frame up would be about 6' 6". The rear would have a bed while the front would have a counter and a small area for a potty.

Below is a draft of how it might look. I would sure appreciate any thoughts anybody might have for this draft. Thanks!

stugpanzer
Teardrop Builder

Re: Design Thoughts for a Harbor Freight Super Duty 4x8 Trai

Postby KennethW » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:09 pm

If this is for highway use I would flip the axle over the springs to lower the trailer height 3 to 4". I would also increase the radius on the top corners to cut the wind resistant. Have you considered having a step over sill with a 2'x4' drop floor it would cut your height by 6". Some type of outside kitchen would be nice maybe a flip up lid(sun or rain cover) and a fold down counter on the back? Would the front counter fold down over the potty? Just some thoughts.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby stugpanzer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:40 pm

KennethW wrote:If this is for highway use I would flip the axle over the springs to lower the trailer height 3 to 4". I would also increase the radius on the top corners to cut the wind resistant. Have you considered having a step over sill with a 2'x4' drop floor it would cut your height by 6". Some type of outside kitchen would be nice maybe a flip up lid(sun or rain cover) and a fold down counter on the back? Would the front counter fold down over the potty? Just some thoughts.

Good idea on the axle! I thought about going with a 24" radius on the front and a 36~48" radius on the rear more for aesthetics. I don't know why I didn't think of the drop floor but that makes sense too! Then I can lower the overall height. I was thinking of having the counter not fold and have a small fridge underneath.
stugpanzer
Teardrop Builder

Postby Madmike8 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:56 am

Have you seen Mike's Big Pink Standie build?

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=44091

HF trailer, Standie, drop floor...
It's not about the Destination, It's all about the Ride!
Madmike8
Teardrop Advisor

Postby stugpanzer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Madmike8 wrote:Have you seen Mike's Big Pink Standie build?

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=44091

HF trailer, Standie, drop floor...

Nice. I like that lines!
stugpanzer
Teardrop Builder

Postby dogscats » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:30 pm

Have you look at this http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear59.htm. All so http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=1717&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&start=24
Someday I plan to do one are two with the fiberglass modular component kit.
.I plan to use a R24 in front and a R30 in the back .
The Angib's Wander has some great floor layouts.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS
dogscats
Donating Member

Return to Member Designs