My evolving small travel trailer design

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

My evolving small travel trailer design

Postby CLChastain » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:23 am

Here's the current floorplan of my oft-evolved travel trailer design, shown on a 12' x 7' grid, and a separate drawing of the interior structures. I have a travel trailer frame with axle, hubs, springs, etc., from a late '60s/early '70s Aristocrat LoLiner, which conforms to these dimensions (about 15 or 16 feet long when you include the tongue). I don't like the trailer and hope I can find another by the time building begins.

I do want to use some items from the Aristocrat -- the crank-out windows; the door, or at least, the screen door, possibly one of the small "upper bunk" windows for the bathroom, but a lot of the stuff -- in a storage shed now -- I hope to sell.

When I first developed an interest in building a travel trailer, I got online and learned all sorts of things about plumbing, electrical, weight, etc., but I've forgotten most of it, and will have to re-learn. My design has been influenced by a lot of sources -- vintage trailers, vintage restorations, new models, caravans (especially vintage) in Australia, caravans (new ones) in Europe.... Oh, I do love the Internet!

Anyway, comments welcomed, if there are any!

CLChastain
Teardrop Builder

Re: My evolving small travel trailer design

Postby rebapuck » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:03 am

Looks doable. Have you started yet? How many will be in there at once?

Keep things low so you have sightlines to feel bigger.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Return to Member Designs