Byron's Dutch Oven Cooking - Gone, but...

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Byron's Dutch Oven Cooking - Gone, but...

Postby Mike B » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:14 pm

The Byron's web site is definitely gone for good, but there is hope. You can't find it with the Internet Archive's Wayback machine - they only have a couple of pages. A scouting organization has replicated the site, though. You can find it at

http://scouts.lamb-thielen.com/data/pap ... mcast.net/

Also, I have decided to turn most of Byron's entire web site into a cookbook, so it will never be lost. I have finished the cookbook, but I won't release it unless I can get permission from Byron.
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Re: Byron's Dutch Oven Cooking - Gone, but...

Postby Bill n Robi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am

I don't think copyright laws have changed too much and this is my experience:
I ran a BBS (yes I am that old) and we had a cooking section and a recipe exchange. During an unrelated incident, I attended an EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) seminar. I asked some of the legal staff attending about recipes. The short version - you can not copyright a recipe, you can copyright a recipe book. It was suggested that we acknowledge the original source. So if you extract just the recipes, don't use the pictures or web layout you can legally make a book. Courtesy suggests you get permission and acknowledge his hard work.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby p40whk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:47 am

I have a secret Bar-B-Que sauce recipe that I tried to copyright and found the same thing mentioned by Bill.

But if you do decide to release that Dutch Oven Cookbook I have a few recipes I could add if you need any more. I love dutch oven cooking and have attended a few Pioneer Day's just for the food so I'm anxiously awaiting your decision to release that book!
p40whk
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike B » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:03 am

For many years, Byron's Dutch Oven Cooking web site was the premier site to obtain excellent recipes for your camp ovens. The web site is gone now, so I got the content of the site and compiled it into Byron's Dutch Oven Recipes. The cookbook contains more than recipes; there are sections for care of Dutch ovens, as well as cooking tips.

I have attempted to contact Byron so I could verify he was okay about my release of this information to the public, but he seems to have completely disappeared from the Internet.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby Bill n Robi » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Thank you for all the effort you put in. I was looking for a good Blackberry Cobbler recipe since we are going to the IRG and know some awesome berry patches to raid.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Dave Gray » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Thanks Mike, for sharing your time.
I promise to make at least one dish from this cookbook. (Probably more)
Dave Gray
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1