The Potatoe Bomb!

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the TNTTT Cookbook number 3

Moderator: Mike B

The Potatoe Bomb!

Postby Andymanout » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:57 pm

When you want a loaded baked potato quick! Build the potato bombs!Imagine a baked potato with all the stuff you love on it, now imagine its as easy as tossing a foil wrapped potato on the coals of your little BBQ grill. Guess what? It is just that easy.

What you'll need.
A BBQ Grill preferably one that allows access below the cooking grate while the coals are hot or the flame is present (I prefer Charcoal grills.) These can also be cooked in a camp fire.
Long BBQ Tongs so your knuckles don't get cooked.
Big ol' russet potato's
Backed potato fixin's, whatever you like on your potato
Aluminum Foil.

Potato Bombs
Take a good sized Idaho spud and wash it up real good.
Get yourself one of those apple coring plunger things.
Core the potato just like you would an apple down the length of the potato.
Gather the stuff you love on your potatoes. Butter, salt, pepper, bacon bits, sausage, cheese,...
Stuff all that inside the hole in your potato left by the apple core plunger.
Take a little olive oil and rub the potato with it and sprinkle a little sea salt on it.
Wrap that up completely in foil.
These take about an hour on the grill so drop them under the grill next to the coals you shoved to one side so you would have a cool side to your cooking area. You should turn them every 20 minutes. I use a charcoal chimney starter so the coals go on hot. I also use a master built 22.5" kettle with the 22.5" Weber flip side grill. This makes sliding items and fresh charcoal under the grate an easier task. Get these on first and time the other items your grilling so that all come off at the same time. When an hour has passed use those BBQ tongs and pull them out of the grill. They are gonna be hot so be careful!Unwrap, slide on to your plate and cut them in half lengthwise. These are ready to eat.

If You have any questions let me know

Andyman Out!
"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." I'm gonna do it in a teardrop.
Andymanout
Teardrop Builder

Re: The Potatoe Bomb!

Postby Big Pavel » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:20 pm

It really is delicious! From early childhood, we often prepare potatoes on the coals. Previously nebylo foil and threw the potatoes on the coals just next to the fire. After 20 minutes, removed from the fire, they cleaned the black rind and enjoyed baked potatoes with the smell of smoke ...
Thank you for reminding me of my childhood! :thumbsup:
Big Pavel
Teardrop Inspector

Postby HMK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:20 pm

I saw this on YouTube a few days ago. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but there is nothing from stopping it being tasty!!!
HMK
Teardrop Master

Postby dales133 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Yea saw the bbq pit boys do this.
Looks tasty
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #3