Not seeing pictures in a lot of posts...

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Not seeing pictures in a lot of posts...

Postby TigerHawk » Fri May 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Is there a reason for this? I'm logged in. It just shows "Image" with a black X in a box. Some of these pictures, I believe would help me.

Anyone know why this is?
TigerHawk
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Not seeing pictures in a lot of posts...

Postby tony.latham » Fri May 20, 2016 2:33 pm

TigerHawk wrote:Is there a reason for this? I'm logged in. It just shows "Image" with a black X in a box. Some of these pictures, I believe would help me.

Anyone know why this is?

There are two ways to post photos. One is to upload to the forum in your album and link the photo to it, and the other is to upload to a third-party server such as Photobucket and link. If one posts, and down the road deletes off their Photobucket, the image disappears in the post.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby TigerHawk » Fri May 20, 2016 4:18 pm

I suppose it must be that. Unfortunately, some of the stickied posts are as helpful as originally intended without the pictures. Also some of the old posts that rise back to the top with more recent questions contain links 6-8-10 years old that are dead.

Not sure how big this tnttt community board is, but may be time for a culling of the boards. Thanks.
TigerHawk
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lrrowe » Fri May 20, 2016 4:26 pm

I am not sure if I was just lucky or not, but when I started with this fine forum, I researched as much of the older posts as I could and do not recall getting frustrated over missing photos. And if I did find what might have been incomplete pots, I either ignored them or worked around them. Personally I see no reason to change anything unless it has to do with cost of memory storage.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri May 20, 2016 6:24 pm

That's exactly right, when someone links to a third party server...

That's why I host pictures here on the forum... they tend to hang around a bit longer! :thumbsup:

Mike...

tony.latham wrote:
TigerHawk wrote:Is there a reason for this? I'm logged in. It just shows "Image" with a black X in a box. Some of these pictures, I believe would help me.

Anyone know why this is?

There are two ways to post photos. One is to upload to the forum in your album and link the photo to it, and the other is to upload to a third-party server such as Photobucket and link. If one posts, and down the road deletes off their Photobucket, the image disappears in the post.

Tony
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby TigerHawk » Sat May 21, 2016 9:55 am

lrrowe wrote:I am not sure if I was just lucky or not, but when I started with this fine forum, I researched as much of the older posts as I could and do not recall getting frustrated over missing photos. And if I did find what might have been incomplete pots, I either ignored them or worked around them. Personally I see no reason to change anything unless it has to do with cost of memory storage.

Oh please don't take my statements as frustration...this forum has been invaluable. I just happen to be a visual learner in many ways. So I can read endless dialogue about how to set up my electric system and still be baffled, but see a few pictures and it "clicks," if you know what I mean. :D
TigerHawk
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lrrowe » Sat May 21, 2016 11:37 am

I do understand and I must admit that I have moved to the visual side of life also. In fact when I started with the forum, I saved as many photos I could and I still go back to them about monthly to browse....and new ideas do pop up for me.

We are glad to have you her and hope you enjoy the forum and are able to post your efforts. We love photos.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Return to Threads about the forum!