Urinal?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Urinal?

Postby Socal Tom » Fri May 27, 2016 11:48 am

Ladies, you may want to look away :frightened:

So, I'm not as young as I used to be, and I tend to have to get up more often during the night. Of course my 5x8 doesn't have any place for a potty, but I wondered if anyone had put in some sort of "urinal"? I'm thinking a tube/funnel arrangement that might route to a discrete container under the rig. For those nights when it was cold, or the walk to the bathroom was a bit long. Thoughts?
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Re: Urinal?

Postby lrrowe » Fri May 27, 2016 11:51 am

Again, ladies turn away. What I do during the cold fall/winter nights while hunting is to use a large jar which I empty in the morning. Although it does have it's downside if you are not careful. :frightened:
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby 3GKnight » Fri May 27, 2016 12:22 pm

And here I thought this was going to be about bolting a urinal to the side of a camper...I'm disappointed.
3GKnight
Donating Member

Postby Socal Tom » Fri May 27, 2016 12:54 pm

lrrowe wrote:Again, ladies turn away. What I do during the cold fall/winter nights while hunting is to use a large jar which I empty in the morning. Although it does have it's downside if you are not careful. :frightened:

I've done the same, I was wondering if there might be a better solution. Maybe I just need a better place to put the bottle.
Tom
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby haha49 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:24 pm

Nalgene bottle get the wide mouth. You just plunk it in and fill it up once done close the top. Put a skull and crossbones with a marker so you don't mix the bottles up. Color and draw on it. Then simply empty it when done now you don't have to add anything to the tear drop and it's simple. For the ladys they can use a shewee and use the same bottle. It can be used as a hot water bottle to keep you warm on cold nights just make sure you seal it.

See if you build something into the side then well you get the smell over time with a bottle it's in it and closed. Portapoty is ideal if you get a small one and figure a way to store it and then a spot to use it. Using it on the bed might not be to nice depends on your head room.

I've seen people setup an awning then have a changing tent with a portapoty in it. That way they just setup camp open the door and it's right beside you covered. So depending on if you want to setup something like that with a cheap changing tent that can be stored in your tow vechial with the portapoty and simply have it in your camp so there are no long walks.
haha49
Teardrop Builder

Postby Socal Tom » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:18 pm

haha49 wrote:Nalgene bottle get the wide mouth. You just plunk it in and fill it up once done close the top. Put a skull and crossbones with a marker so you don't mix the bottles up. Color and draw on it. Then simply empty it when done now you don't have to add anything to the tear drop and it's simple. For the ladys they can use a shewee and use the same bottle. It can be used as a hot water bottle to keep you warm on cold nights just make sure you seal it.

See if you build something into the side then well you get the smell over time with a bottle it's in it and closed. Portapoty is ideal if you get a small one and figure a way to store it and then a spot to use it. Using it on the bed might not be to nice depends on your head room.

I've seen people setup an awning then have a changing tent with a portapoty in it. That way they just setup camp open the door and it's right beside you covered. So depending on if you want to setup something like that with a cheap changing tent that can be stored in your tow vechial with the portapoty and simply have it in your camp so there are no long walks.

I've been kind of leaning that direction. bedside "urinals" are also available fairly cheap on amazon, but I question how well the lid fits. The Nalgene is probably a good idea.
Tom
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:29 pm

I have also used those hospital bottles that you get with an overnight stay...until I lost the cap that is.
I like the Nalgene idea. I hav a ton of knock off varieties in the cupboards.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby H.A. » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:33 pm

B.
Last edited by H.A. on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H.A.
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:30 pm

lrrowe wrote:Again, ladies turn away. What I do during the cold fall/winter nights while hunting is to use a large jar which I empty in the morning. Although it does have it's downside if you are not careful. :frightened:

Was that an intentional play on words? :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby lrrowe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Oh, I am not that clever. :roll:
Bob

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Just don't use a metal pipe for the outdoor aquifer. Knew of a guy who got himself froze to the pipe! :frightened: Took a little work and help to get him removed. :shock: True Story
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby Socal Tom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:53 am

Iconfabul8 wrote:Just don't use a metal pipe for the outdoor aquifer. Knew of a guy who got himself froze to the pipe! :frightened: Took a little work and help to get him removed. :shock: True Story

Oh dear. :oops:

In SoCal, temps that cold are rare. Normally when I boon dock, I just head out behind the nearest bush. I had one trip a couple of years back where it got down below 20F, and getting up during the night was too much, so I used the bottle technique ( since I was alone inside anyhow). Its probably the best solution, I just need get the right bottle and create some sort of a holder at the correct height.
Tom
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby Tomterrific » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Somewhere I saw liquid Landry detergent bottles are good for night time comfort. The capacity is good and the opening is large. I've got one saved for the next trip. :-)
T
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby skyl4rk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:54 pm

A brown colored two liter apple juice bottle is ideal.
skyl4rk
Teardrop Master

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Well, so far we have heard of everyone's favorite urine collection device. But no reports of tubes to the outside. I think it would work personally, no chance of spilling or breaking the jar. Maybe keep some fresh water handy to do a small flush with. All I can say is I am glad I am planning on a full fledged toilet in my build.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Next

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets