Tumblers - Yeti vs Orca vs Ozark Trail

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Tumblers - Yeti vs Orca vs Ozark Trail

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:32 am

TimC wrote:The Escanaba, Mich Wally had a few dozen of the 20 oz when I went through on Friday afternoon!

lucky! Can't find them anywhere her in WM.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:55 am

Just saw Wal Mart now carrying the OT Tumblers ... 20 oz. $7.95, Yeti wants 30 bucks ... same thing , likely same factory ...
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:24 am

GPW wrote:Just saw Wal Mart now carrying the OT Tumblers ... 20 oz. $7.95, Yeti wants 30 bucks ... same thing , likely same factory ...

Honestly, I like the OT tumbler better. It holds ice longer and so much less expensive! Our WM only has the 30 oz. right now for less than $10. I've bought quite a few for gifts and ordered the handles which makes it so much easier to hold. Two thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:52 pm

was just at Cabela's were they had the Yeti 30 oz handles for sale on the shelf for $10 - got one and it fits the Ozark from W-M just fine!! it cost more than the Ozark 30 oz itself which means now I have about $20 in my W-M Ozark 30 oz tumbler BUT that's still less the $40 + $10 = $50 I'd have in a Yeti 30 oz thus a savings of $30 !!!!!! so the $26 I paid for the 3 Ozark W-M items + the $10 Yeti handle = $36 and I would have paid $110 for the 3 Yeti items - a saving of about $74 !!!! complete with a handle so I can hold onto the BIG ONE now!!!!!!. (makes for one great all day wine glass!!)
gudmund
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:52 pm

gudmund wrote:was just at Cabela's were they had the Yeti 30 oz handles for sale on the shelf for $10 - got one and it fits the Ozark from W-M just fine!! it cost more than the Ozark 30 oz itself which means now I have about $20 in my W-M Ozark 30 oz tumbler BUT that's still less the $40 + $10 = $50 I'd have in a Yeti 30 oz thus a savings of $30 !!!!!! so the $26 I paid for the 3 Ozark W-M items + the $10 Yeti handle = $36 and I would have paid $110 for the 3 Yeti items - a saving of about $74 !!!! complete with a handle so I can hold onto the BIG ONE now!!!!!!. (makes for one great all day wine glass!!)

You can order the handles for about 8.00 and that's including shipping (I think) from Amazon or Ebay. I'll have to check. I ordered some for $7.97 and it's for the 30 oz. OT or Yeti.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:49 pm

I've been using a plastic straw to sip water and cold drinks from my 30 oz OT tumbler. The straw is cracking. To alleviate that I ordered eight 10.5" stainless steel straws for $8.99 from Amazon.com Aoocan 18/8 Stainless Steel Straws, Reusable 10.5 inch Extra Long Drinking Straw Set (4 Straight and 4 Bend) - 8 Straws for 20 & 30 OZ Yeti Tumbler Rtic Ozark Trail Rambler Cups. Will have enough extras to give some away to family.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Esteban wrote:I've been using a plastic straw to sip water and cold drinks from my 30 oz OT tumbler. The straw is cracking. To alleviate that I ordered eight 10.5" stainless steel straws for $8.99 from Amazon.com Aoocan 18/8 Stainless Steel Straws, Reusable 10.5 inch Extra Long Drinking Straw Set (4 Straight and 4 Bend) - 8 Straws for 20 & 30 OZ Yeti Tumbler Rtic Ozark Trail Rambler Cups. Will have enough extras to give some away to family.

Let me know how you like it. I thought about getting some.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Becca :thumbsup: I really like the 10.5" stainless steel straws. They're a good length for a 30 oz tumbler. I favor the bent ones that make it easier to sip your drink without tiling the tumbler. When your drink is chilled the stainless steel straw provides a pleasantly cool sensation to your lips.

X-Chef 10.5 inch Reusable Stainless Steel Straws Set (6 straight and 6 bend) for 20 and 30 OZ Yeti Cup, with 2 Cleaning Brushes for $10.99 looks like an even better deal if you want extras to share with friends and family.

I've begun favoring tumbler handles with just one supporting ring around the tumbler over those with two support rings because they better fit into car cupholders.

Weeks ago I bought a black GLO Handle for $12.95 which is comfortable and fits well in my Forester's cupholders. Now they come in attractive colors too.

I recently purchased a light green colored YETI Handle which is a bit of a splurge for $14.99. It's very good looking, comfortable to hold and easily fits into my car's cupholders.

The $8.97 Buddy Handle comes in black and several colors. Its curved handle may, or may not, fit well in car cupholders.
Last edited by Esteban on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Esteban wrote:Becca :thumbsup: I really like the 10.5" stainless steel straws. They're a good length for a 30 oz tumbler. I favor the bent ones that make it easier to sip your drink without tiling the tumbler. When your drink is chilled the stainless steel straw provides a pleasantly cool sensation to your lips.

X-Chef 10.5 inch Reusable Stainless Steel Straws Set (6 straight and 6 bend) for 20 and 30 OZ Yeti Cup, with 2 Cleaning Brushes for $10.99 looks like an even better deal if you want extras to share with friends and family.

I've begun favoring tumbler handles with just one ring over those with two rings because they better fit into car cupholders.

Weeks ago I bought a black GLO Handle for $12.95 which is comfortable and fits well in my Forester's cupholders. Now they come in attractive colors too.

I recently purchased a light green colored YETI Handle which is a bit of a splurge for $14.99. It's very good looking, comfortable to hold and easily fits into my car's cupholders.

The $8.97 Buddy Handle comes in black and several colors. Its curved handle may, or may not, fit well in car cupholders.

You talked me into it! I just ordered the stainless straws and a couple of closing lids. That is one thing I don't like about my OT lid but I just solved that. Thank you for the info. :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:58 am

On the other hand, we’ve thoroughly enjoyed our tumbler as is , Hot and Cold drinks both equally insulated, large hands fit the Tumbler so no handle required , no need for a coaster, and fits in my truck’s drink holder :thumbsup: ... Haven’t spent a penny on it ex post facto...
Oddly enough , we normally don’t like our Coffee out of a metal cup , but this one seems to work just fine , no bother. Thinking it must be the plastic lid ...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:27 pm

GPW wrote:On the other hand, we’ve thoroughly enjoyed our tumbler as is , Hot and Cold drinks both equally insulated, large hands fit the Tumbler so no handle required , no need for a coaster, and fits in my truck’s drink holder :thumbsup: ... Haven’t spent a penny on it ex post facto...
Oddly enough , we normally don’t like our Coffee out of a metal cup , but this one seems to work just fine , no bother. Thinking it must be the plastic lid ...

Having a handle attached to my 30 oz tumbler makes it safer and easier to use while driving and is a convenience anytime. With just a short glance, or by feeling for the handle, I can easily grab the tumbler from my Forester's cupholder without taking my attention and eyes away from traffic conditions. The attached handle also helps me position the top's opening about 90 degrees from the handle so it's easier to sip the drink without spilling. The stainless steel straws add to the convenience.

Yes, for awhile it bothered me to pay more for a handle than the OT tumbler cost. The refreshing convenience has made it well worth it. Now I can bring cold water, juice, ice tea or a soda from home so I spend less $$ on drinks while I'm out and about. As it gets colder I'll bring along hot coffee, tea or hot chocolate. It's also a time saver because I'm less likely to need/want to make a stop just to buy a drink.

:thumbsup: My thanks go out to justageorgiaguy who started this discussion and :applause: everyone else who added their ideas and helpful information. :icedtea:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:41 pm

And now there are ad's on TV for "Rocky Mountain Tumblers" - just bet you these probably say the same thing on the bottom that ALL of the other brands say - NO matter how much they $cost$ and that's - "Made in China". The bottom line so far is - Wal-Mart has the best $$$'s on any of them so far!!! Ozark brand for less than $10 each!!!!!. And they work SO GOOD!!!!
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Esteban » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:34 am

after owning the 30oz for awhile now and coming to the conclusion that they are just too big for me (my favorite is the 20oz), I go to W-M today and what do I find - :shock: 40oz tumblers now!!! :thinking: $12.74 each along with they also having handles for the 30oz ones for $2.74 each. The handles look like they may fit the new 40oz also but I just can't say for sure - they maybe just a touch too small. The label said 30oz handle.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby GPW » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:02 am

"handles for the 30oz ones for $2.74 each “ ... Great Find ... Thanks !!! :thumbsup: That’s a much more reasonable price for a “handle “ ... 8)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion