Hey Y'all From Central Louisiana

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hey Y'all From Central Louisiana

Postby terry.mccan414 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:29 am

Hey everyone. I have wanted a teardrop camper for over 15 years. The idea of building my own teardrop crossed my mind several times, but I dont have the skills or the work space for it. So i admired them through pictures and an occasional sighting on the road. Tent camping has always been my idea of camping, not these big RVs. But as age catches up with me, sleeping on the ground or an air mattress has gotten to be a bit back breaking. I've been the proud owner of a 2016 Limited Edition Silver Shadow for a few months now and have really enjoyed it. I still get to enjoy the outdoors and have a nice mattress to sleep on. LOL! Since I've had my TD, I've had so many people stop and look and ask questions as I sit in parking lots or even stop lights. I could have sold a hundred in the last few months. I'm looking forward to learning some tricks and get advice on the best Tear Drop experience. And even meet some new friends along the way through some gatherings. Thanks for adding me to the group and hope to hear from you soon.
Attachments
20161008_103214_1480791513718.jpg
20161008_103214_1480791513718.jpg (305.23 KiB) Viewed 942 times
Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life's not meant to be lived in one place.
ImageImage
terry.mccan414
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hey Y'all From Central Louisiana

Postby terry.mccan414 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:31 am

AUGHHH!!!! :shock: sorry for the big picture. thought it was smaller than that :o , lol
Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life's not meant to be lived in one place.
ImageImage
terry.mccan414
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pchast » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Welcome!
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KennethW » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Yes, The number 1 rule of teardrop camping is__________
(always make the bed) Ha Ha :thumbsup:
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jonb8 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Hey...
jonb8
Teardrop Advisor

Postby terry.mccan414 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:03 am

:thumbsup: Thanks for the welcomes. I was just wondering :thinking: if there were any teardrop owners in the Central Louisiana area. I'm from Pineville/ Alexandria area. I haven't built my own teardrop camper but I have a 2016 Limited Edition Silver Shadow that i bought in August. I have had many people approach me asking about my camper. That's how I discovered this forum, from a guy who stopped to admire it. Said he and his buddy was a part of this forum and they have a gathering every year in North Louisiana. think Lake Bistineau but it has changed this past year. I'm interested in going to some gatherings to see some home built teardrops and meet fellow owners for tips, advice, and :lightbulb: ideas . I want to add some solar panels but i have no clues :shrug: where to start. figured this was a good start. Look forward to meeting you all at a gathering or two and hearing some good advice. Thanks
ImageImage
terry.mccan414
Teardrop Inspector

Postby razorback » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Welcome Terry. Check out the South Central group. Nice folks, lots of events, so some may be a little further from you. This is the next gathering:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67576 Also Beavers Bend is a great gathering in April, but may be too far for you.
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby pjsauls » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:07 pm

The Magnolia Tearjerkers will have a gathering near Natchez Mar 16-19. Check out http://www.tearjerkers.net. Should be a short trip for you. Welcome aboard!

John
"Fate is the hunter for those least prepared." -Ernest K. Gann
pjsauls
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves