The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby friz » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:53 am

caseydog wrote:It is a brutal 79-degrees here in Houston. :snowstorm:

It's going to be a green christmas. I brought a long-sleeve shirt for my annual church attendance. I hope they run the air-conditioning.

It's movie night tonight. It has to be no-worse than PG rated for my mom.

CD

You better get ready for a Wildcat invasion. A bunch of K-Staters including my daughter and niece are heading your way for the bowl game. They are looking forward to the mild temps.

Sent from my Altair 8800 using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby Alan Wood » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Getting ready to head over to my parents for Christmes dinner here. Been cold by Sacramento standards all day :(
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Merry Christmas…

busy day today.. running all over the place..
We have had temps in the 20's through the 30's.. snow.. rain.. sun…

zzzzzz long day.. It was good I guess.. but sort of hectic.. We just got home.. and had left at 7:30 this morning.. I am probably heading to bed shortly.. or at least heading downstairs.

I will be glad to get back to working on stuff… when it's not too cool out I will do more on the porch. and on cold days.. I always have plastering to get back to.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Alan Wood » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:07 am

Had the day off today. But with pretty cold for here not much fun.
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby toypusher » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:54 am

54 degrees and raining a bit here this morning. Should clear up this afternoon.

Had a quiet Christmas day at home. Some friends came over for a while. Yesterday we had the big family get to gather/meal and present swap. It was a misty day most of the day yesterday also. Not much going on today I think.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:22 pm

I think we had some freezing rain last night.. but rain and 40 when I checked this morning. It has made all the driveways and such.. horrible… very very icy. I spread some sand.. and went to get more.. we are allowed to 5 gallon pails worth from the town pile.

Yesterday we stayed home and took it semi easy.. picking up from Christmas and such. We did do a couple of bkool rides.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:57 pm

I drove bck home from Houston today, with psycho-poodle. He got spoiled at my parents house for a month -- he gained some noticeable weight.

But, I think he is glad to be home with his pet human.

I snagged the ham bone from christmas day dinner, so there is a bean and ham soup in the near future. It is supposed be in the 50s and low 60s after tomorrow, which is about as close to soup weather as I'm likely to get anytime soon. :roll:

I got a new Waste King "Legend" disposal for christmas, so I need to install that. Easy job, but working in a cabinet under the sink is never pleasant.

I have the rental car until Thursday, and it looks like it can hold about ten bags of mulch, so I'll probably head to Lowe's tomorrow, while it is still sunny and in the 70s. I need to top-dress the front yard. I have gradually replaced almost all of the lawn in my yard with drought-tollerant native plants. Just a little patch of native turf grass left for psycho-poodle.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:01 am

We have temps in the lower 30's today… it's very cloudy with some flurries.. We have a decent sized storm coming tomorrow. 12"-18".

I just made a run to the lumber yard.. and am going to start work on my counter / bar for the porch.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Sunny after clouds this morning, but mid upper 30s now. Very nice out. But, I was putting Christmas decorations away this morning and took a nasty fall at the bottom of the basement stairs and really tweeked my already bad left knee. Lots of pain and hard to walk much now. :( Been using ice and hope it will be OK or at least no worse than it was before in a day or two. Not planning on going to doctor at this point. On the bright side, all of the decorations except the outside lights are in the basement. Just have to get them all back in the containers for storage until next Christmas. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Kerry.. sorry to hear about the knee… I hope it's just bruised and is better soon.

I have been working on my "bar" most of the day. I finally quit when it was getting too dark. Our storm isn't supposed to hit until later tomorrow, so perhaps I can do more work on the "bar". The snow is supposed to continue through the night and into the morning.. but Laurie has Friday off.. so I won't have to rush out on the clean up.

I heard today.. that my boss is selling the shop. :o It's not supposed to be public knowledge yet.. so Kerry please no comments on Face Book. I think he was approached by a buyer.. vs officially trying to sell. Although he hasn't had much interest in the business.. for a while [He is building a new house right now]

I don't know what this means for me. A friend is purchasing it for an investment.. and another friend is going to be the manager. The to-be manager's wife.. said something to my wife… [that's how I heard about it] :roll: :NC

It could be good.. it could be horrible.. or it could be both… :shrug:

I am not sure how my co-workers will take this?
It will be nice to have some fresh blood.. and someone with some enthusiasm for the sport.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks Glenn.

Hope it turns out in a way that you like for the new ownership!

Had snow flurries overnight, but nothing much and it turned to rain this morning. Rain seems to be moving out now and it might even get nice for a bit this afternoon. Knee still hurts, but not much worse than it did before I fell. So, don't think it will be a big deal. Just have to wait and see at this point.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:28 am

Thanks Kerry. I went into the shop yesterday. Paul was the only one working but we talked some. They have known for around 3 weeks. He is of course concerned also.. but is optimistically hopeful. Our new manager can be real good at promotion. So it will be nice from that point of view. The closing is supposed to be done sometime next week. Paul has said that there are some things they have not been on top off. Our vendors should have been talked to way before this.

Paul was a little freaked out when he first heard about it. He was supposed to have a couple days off next week. He is going to the Cyclecross nationals. So he got to ask his boss.. if he could have his first days off. :o :lol: The new owner didn't even hesitate in saying yes.

Snow!! We have snow. I am not sure how much yet.. but it looks like at least a foot.. with it still snowing. It is also supposed to get quite windy..they say 45mph now.. with it getting windier as the storm exits the area.

Laurie has the day off.. so I did not have to go out and snowblow the driveway yet. I get to wait until it's over.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:48 am

Windy here today temps in 30s, but wind chill in low 20s most of the day. Should be partly sunny though.

I have some errands to run, but hope to get in a walk again today. Yesterday I bought new waterproof walking/hiking shoes and went for a 2.5 mile walk. They are also insulated and that will be handy today if I can take the wind. :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:56 pm

I did get our for a walk. The wind was a bit stiff, but not unbearable. Did just over 2.5 miles. The shoes were awesome. Think I will have to keep them. Yesterday I paid $60 for them and today I took a card that my wife had back and the final price ended up at about $14.00. :D :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:01 pm

It was not all that windy today.. :roll: although it is getting that way now. We were about 4 hours on snow clean up today.

Angela asked about snowshoeing.. and she and Laurie went out.. Laurie did a Bkool ride first. I did mine while they were out. Laurie ate right after eating [just to fit it all in.. I wanted to wait a little].

I did a 6 mile ride.. using that as a warm up. I then did a 16.3 mile climb in the French Alps. I did not try to race it.. I did just a steady ride.. It was enough of a climb.. that the legs are pretty tired now.

We then went over to Dave and Angela's for dinner.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic