inTech RV Flyer

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

inTech RV Flyer

Postby Cathy P. » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:52 pm

I happen to come across these. It looked like they were being built in AR and called VRV, I believe it was and the next time I searched, it looked to me like the company sold and now is offering a lot more options. Frankly, I think it looks good and solid. The "Max" has one of those kitchen units that comes out the side.

http://www.intechrv.com/index.php
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: inTech RV Flyer

Postby Getaways » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:39 am

Hi Cathy,

I was at Overland Expo East last weekend. Had been planning on ordering a 'Gobi' by BCT, Bivouac Camping Trailers, really really like their galley set up. A bit pricey but talking to others who had their utility trailers I was willing to pay some more for quality. Went to OXE to view some competitors: specifically TC Teardrops, Hiker Trailer and Blue Ridge Trailers to finalize our decision. Then out of the blue someone from Sportsmobile directed me to inTech RV. They were there with 4 models. My wife fell in love with the Max Flyer Plus. I like the fact that we could nearly stand up in it with just a slight lean. 9200 BTU A/C option. The fold out bed means the entire floor space is available for ... just about anything. It has decent size floor place - just under 44 square feet, that is just under 66 inches high. It has it's origins as a mini toy hauler. The back door drops down for a ramp. Big enough for two motorcycles or an ATV. We both fell in love with it.

The big drawback was the lack of water, a functioning galley, and a sink. We decided to work around all that. When we order the trailer we'll be ordering the Grub Hub camping kitchen to solve the galley and sink issues (it folds up nicely for storage in that big room). We will be putting in a removable water tank in the bed of our truck and run a line to the kitchen area. I also have a window mounted kitchen organizer by Tailgaterz (which I got for...tailgating...) that can be easily coordinated into use with this. We'll move the propane tank forward and add a box on the tongue for a generator and tankless propane water heater. For that matter, we might just mount the water heater and store the generator and all the water hoses and electric cords in the cabin. Get a big tub with wheels for that! That saves money!

Additionally, we can add extras slowly to not max out cash outlays right away. With the a/c-heater we can use it year round. Big enough to sit in in inclement weather and not hope the awnings and/or tents haven't developed leaks... it allows us then to stagger purchases such as attached awnings (I have two popup shelters anyway), side tents (I have multiple tents). Initially, we'll use what we currently have and only later consider the convenience of attached awnings. Maybe a roof top tent for the grandkids to feel like they are sleeping in a treehouse.

So that is my story and I'm sticking by it. We like this trailer a lot. Not a teardrop in the traditional sense, but the options it offers is just awesome.
Getaways
Teardrop Inspector

Postby G-Mac » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:24 pm

I just ordered a Max Flyer and agree with your comments about "lack of water and sink". I have a couple thoughts on how we are going to solve this issue on our camper. I am either going to add a sink in the area where the cooler goes, or I may replace the stock stove with a stove/sink combo. This will put water in the "kitchen" area where it belongs. Long-term projects include relocating the propane tank and replacing with a smaller version, adding a tongue box, relocation of the battery, addition of a water tank where the stock battery would be located and addition of pump/plumbing to get water to the new sink. If I can replace the stock stove, I'll be able to have the entire kitchen located in the pull-out galley.

I'll know more when it actually arrives, but I'm looking forward getting it out and using it as much as I am modifying it.
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
Build (Mod) Thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67873
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby kudzu » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:42 pm

At the RV show yesterday, the trailer that interested us most was the Intech Flyer Max+ with tip out bunk. In 2015 I bought a very affordable & very used Aliner. It's served us well but still think a tiny toy hauler could serve us better. This is the first trailer I've seen in person that really fits the bill. BF and I both really liked the Max+ which surprised me as I thought BF would be put off by the fact he couldn't quite stand up in. Being extremely short, I can stand up straight even under the air conditioner. The two things that neither of us liked was the lack of a sink and the fact that even though the galley is essentially stored in the cabin area, you can only access it from outside. My solution would be to see if the manufacturer could do a custom job for us, adding a sink to the galley area and creating lift up panels in the inside counter top to give us access to the frig & sink in the galley area.

The other problem we'd have to work out is heating when dry camping. Though the furnace in my current trailer is far from ideal, it does at least keep us comfortable when sleeping at night. Something as simple as a Buddy heater might be all we need, but I'd really prefer a direct vent solution.

Am not ready to buy another trailer just yet, but when it's time I think this one would be at the top of the list. It's just the right size for us. Perhaps a year or so down the road, Intech will have addressed some of the above items.
kudzu
Donating Member

Postby Idlerockfarm » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:28 pm

The Max+ interests me, too. The "heat strip" on the AC is something I am not familiar with. I would like to find out more about how well that works for powered winter camping.
2016 Livin Lite Quicksilver 6.0
Nights camped 2016: 17
Idlerockfarm
Teardrop Inspector

Postby G-Mac » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:43 pm

Idlerockfarm wrote:The Max+ interests me, too. The "heat strip" on the AC is something I am not familiar with. I would like to find out more about how well that works for powered winter camping.

They had one plugged-in when we were looking at the showroom model. I wanted to try it as well because I had never seen that type of setup. It took a minute, but began to blow warm air. We plan to take it out right away and the temps are a little on the cool side. I'll let you know.

Three weeks and counting...
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Getaways » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Idlerockfarm wrote:The Max+ interests me, too. The "heat strip" on the AC is something I am not familiar with. I would like to find out more about how well that works for powered winter camping.

Like them on Facebook. They have a video from December where they ran the heater on a night when it got down to well below 25degrees. One of their guys spent the night in it. They started the heater, I think internal temp was like 38 degrees. Then he went to the office Xmas party I thing. When he returned to sack out for the night, if I remember correctly internal temp was 58. Once he got in, between his body heat and the heater I think it got up to 62. I think it got down to 19 outside and ended up in low 60 to mid 60s inside.

That is the numbers I recall. I might off a little it was a month ago. But all in all it worked well in a very cold temp.
Getaways
Teardrop Inspector

Postby G-Mac » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:29 pm

That's good to hear. We'll be sure to pay attention to temps inside and out and report back. As I said, there is VERY little about the Intech RVs online, when compared to other products. I'm very curious about that heating strip.

One thing I WAS told: The heating strip/fan does not run off 12 VDC, so it will only function when you are plugged-in. On the bright side, you do NOT need to be plugged-in to a 30A service in order to use the heat strip/fan. You can adapt the plug and run it off a 15A service. Only the AC takes the 30A service.

I'll probably get some sort of ceramic heater (12 VDC) for boondocking. There is a plug inside for just such a thing. Shouldn't take much to get it warm inside. I have also heard some people just use an electric blanket (12 VDC) and it provides plenty of heat.
Last edited by G-Mac on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Bikeguy00 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:18 am

I picked up my XLT Flyer 2 weeks ago and took it on it's first trip this past weekend! You can't go wrong with these little trailers, imo. :thumbsup:
Attachments
Camper Interior.jpg
Camper Interior.jpg (63.41 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
Camper.jpg
Camper.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
Bikeguy00
Teardrop Inspector

Postby G-Mac » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Bikeguy00 wrote:I picked up my XLT Flyer 2 weeks ago and took it on it's first trip this past weekend! You can't go wrong with these little trailers, imo. :thumbsup:

VERY nice! I'm chomping at the bit to get mine. I just need to be patient for a couple more weeks. I even have goodies on-hand that are ready to go in when it gets here. I'm sure we'll do a "trial run" right after we get it. We're planning to put some "miles" on it for sure.
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Getaways » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Gary, where in BA r u located? I'm in Hampton. Did u order yours from Road Trip Camping?
Getaways
Teardrop Inspector

Postby G-Mac » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Getaways wrote:Gary, where in BA r u located? I'm in Hampton. Did u order yours from Road Trip Camping?

We're just across the JRB from you. We actually ordered ours through TAC RV, just inside the NC state line. I didn't realize anyone else close had them. We went down a few weeks ago and checked them out. Decided to purchase one they had coming in, but managed to squeeze a modification in before it shipped. They order theirs loaded (more than I wanted, but good for resale) but I wanted the Fantastic Fan for when we are boon-docking. So, we'll have both the A/C and the vent. It's the "off-road" version and I plan to put a lift on it to make it better match my Jeep.
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Getaways » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:00 pm

TAC bumps up the MSRP over $1,600 then lists them at the original MRSP and lists that as their "sale price". Hope you negotiated down from their list price.

When I go to order I will email them, Roadtrip Camping (in Orange, VA) and Bumgarner RV in Lenoir, NC and ask them their best and final. Letting them know I know InTech's MSRP.
Getaways
Teardrop Inspector

Postby G-Mac » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Getaways wrote:TAC bumps up the MSRP over $1,600 then lists them at the original MRSP and lists that as their "sale price". Hope you negotiated down from their list price.

When I go to order I will email them, Roadtrip Camping (in Orange, VA) and Bumgarner RV in Lenoir, NC and ask them their best and final. Letting them know I know InTech's MSRP.

We caught a "sale" which is to say we probably did decent at getting it where others do without any "real" discount. I did quite a bit of looking ahead of time, so I was comfortable where we ended up.

Keep me posted on your purchase. I don't see many around, but I think it's going to take off pretty quick. I've got a lot of ideas too, so it will be nice to compare notes.
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Idlerockfarm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks for the post. I was drooling over the Max flyer plus but your XLT flyer looks great! I would like something for colder weather. These are staying on my short list.
2016 Livin Lite Quicksilver 6.0
Nights camped 2016: 17
Idlerockfarm
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers