Hefty Hoof

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Hefty Hoof

Postby alchemist77 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Going out on a limb, here is a what if and build. I chose the name as a synonym for Big Foot and Sasquatch, they have products associated with them.

Goal is to have standing room (80"), inside potty, Ham radio, antenna, battery, able to boondocks for a week in an emergency, 4 season camper, solar electric systems, inside sink, maybe small refrigerator, I am sure I'll think of more.

Design- Winter Warrior modified for my height and size. Using a pop-up trailer frame completely torn down recycling as much as possible, including 7 gallon water tank, faucet and sink , 3 burner stove top. TV is 2013 Ford Explorer, V-6 have to keep it light, goal is #800 or less empty.

Building Questions- 1) I am considering a hybrid build. Use foam for most of the structure, with steel or wood for structural engineering. Use a frame for both ends of the solar panel connection, one for the body to hatch join, frame at the back to hold the half panel.
2) What is the best ( least likely to leak) option for the hatch hinge.hurricane or piano with rubber gasket?
3) dimensions for the frame at 96" x 83" . Using a rounded nose and building on to the back, I think we can put an extended Queen size mattress across the trailer. Basically a Queen foot print for the dinette. Seat height 24", ceiling height 60".

I look forward to your feedback.
David Campbell
KF7SFU
RaDAR
SOTA
alchemist77
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hefty Hoof

Postby KCStudly » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 am

Welcome. I appreciate your enthusiasm already!

I recommend you seek out Sharon's finished camper weight thread with the listing, by footprint, and chart plot of camper completed weights. Then go to the build threads of those who have accomplished similar sized builds with similar features and see how they managed to pull it off.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby frosty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:07 am

KCStudly wrote:Welcome. I appreciate your enthusiasm already!

I recommend you seek out Sharon's finished camper weight thread with the listing, by footprint, and chart plot of camper completed weights. Then go to the build threads of those who have accomplished similar sized builds with similar features and see how they managed to pull it off.

Here you are :-) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56787
frosty
Teardrop Builder

Postby alchemist77 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:00 pm

The thread is amazing. I have to remember to provide my specs as well.

Plan right now is to use 2" blue foam for walls and roof. Use wood for structure like shelves, counter top, closets, drawers, night stand. Will probably change the bed to an extended queen size, use 50" wide x 80" long. Trying to redesign the bed as 2 pieces, open for a table, closed for the bed with space on both sides to walk to the toilet. Or make a bench to fold out, mattress folds out, it must hold at least 600 pounds so we don't crash to the floor. I'll start working on some plans, remembering to KISS.

Thanks again
KF7SFU

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
David Campbell
KF7SFU
RaDAR
SOTA
alchemist77
Teardrop Advisor

Postby alchemist77 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:24 am

The TV has changed to an 89 GMC suburban. Looking @ WW maybe dropping the suburban an bagging the year.

Sent from my Alcatel_5054O using Tapatalk
David Campbell
KF7SFU
RaDAR
SOTA
alchemist77
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Build Journals