New guy from TX... Howdy

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy from TX... Howdy

Postby AceCrayton » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:55 am

Hello all!
I was just granted access to your wonderful forum though I've been reading posts on here for hours a day for the last month or two (do you people have jobs? geez!)
I really appreciate all of the helpful advice I've found thus far and appreciate even more the sense of good humor and community here.

I plan on building a fairly simple 4x8 woody. I've taken a few ideas from here and there and have incorporated them into my own design. I'm moderately proficient with woodwork and live by the 'Measure 20 times cut once' motto. Excited to begin construction soon and scared to death that I'm going to want to build 5 more as soon as I'm done. Thanks for having me! :beer:
~Ace
I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.

― Jack London
AceCrayton
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New guy from TX... Howdy

Postby Vedette » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Welcome Ace
If you enjoy the building.........wait until you attend your first "Gathering" and meet some of the "jobless" campers from here on the Forum. :twisted:
Teardrop camping is all about fun, with minimal effort. :thumbsup:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi :beer: :wine: :beer: :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Tom Horn » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:24 am

Welcome I am doing the exact same thing as you right now Ace. I am in the process now of ordering everything I need to get the camper in the dry that I can't get here locally. Good luck on your build and I look forward to following along on your build.
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby aggie79 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Welcome Ace,

There are a lot of teardroppers in the DFW area. We live in the mid-cities area not far from you. When you get a chance, check out the South Central section for area gatherings. There's a big one a Tyler State Park in a couple of weeks. We've never attended that event but I'm sure it is like all others in that visitors are welcome. Before we started our build, we attended a couple of gatherings to get ideas. Have fun during your construction and hope to cross paths in the future.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves