Shasta Lake Gathering 2017

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Shasta Lake Gathering 2017

Postby Liddybug » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:22 pm

*Revised 4/5/17 (and it will continue to be revised, so check back!)

Hello all!

Shasta Lake Gathering 2017 is coming up April 27-30! Please book your reservation with Antler’s Resort directly at 530-238-2322 or http://www.antlersrvpark.com. They are charging $12-15/night depending on whether or not you have hook-ups. Make sure you tell them you're with the teardrop gathering so they give you the special rate. Most of the group will be in the lower loop, so you may want to request to be there too. If there aren't any more spaces, come anyway. We'll fit you in and the resort charges by trailer, so you'll be fine. 2/7/17 The resort had about 60 sites reserved for teardrops. Only a few spaces left because there is another big group booking... but, we'll all fit :)

There is a $25 “suggested donation” to help cover the costs of putting this event together. That can either be paid at the event or sent via paypal to [email protected]. If you do paypal – please make sure you send me a message letting me know who to connect the payment to. I’ll also be able to accept cards at the event if you’d rather do it in person.

As previously mentioned, I need help! I know, I know, most of that needs to be provided by a certified professional, but some of it you all can help with too. If there are any activities you would like to see happen, please let me know and help coordinate them! (Shout out to everyone who’s requested the return of the raffle, morning coffee & breakfasts…Any volunteers??)

The itinerary is as follows (all events in center site unless otherwise noted):
Thursday 4/27/17 - Early Arrivals!
*4-6pm - Wine and Cheese Meet and Greet. Bring a bottle of your favorite vino ~$10 value & an appetizer to pair and share. (Coordinated by Brian and Sandi Wood – Thank you!)

Friday 4/28/17 – General Arrival Day!
*5pm – Potluck and Welcome

Saturday 4/29/17 – Gawking Day!
Please be aware that everyone will want to peak in your trailer. If you’re not comfortable with this, please close your doors. If doors are closed, please be respectful.
*10am – Kids activity with Bill & Millie (details tbd – will be fun for all ages though!)
*2pmish - Zentangle with Romi
*5pm – Potluck! Possible D.O. Cookoff in the works… Details to come…

Sunday 4/30/17 – Checkout day 
*12pm – Checkout time. If you plan to stay longer, please make arrangements with Antler’s.

If there is anything I’m missing or you’d like to add in, let me know! I am undoubtedly forgetting things since I’m overworked and justly compensated. Please feel free to contact me via DM here, emailing [email protected] or by text or call to 530-598-2294. I am working 2 jobs from 7am – 9pm (or later) Monday - Friday, so I’m a bit hard to get by phone, but if you do call, I’ll get back to you soon as I can.

See ya’ll soon!
Lydia

:stompspam:
Last edited by Liddybug on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jefferson State TearJerkers Director
Liddybug
Teardrop Builder

Re: Shasta Dam Gathering 2017

Postby CaptKidd » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:46 am

think hats are a great idea. I WANT ONE.
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Liddybug » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:56 am

Great! I'll be ordering them soon! :)
Liddybug
Teardrop Builder

Postby ricthestick » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Whoo Hoo We just made our reservations. After missing last year's gathering we ar back. After spending the last 12 months of restoring a 57 Shasta Trailer, we are ready to hit the road and catch up with all our friends and make some new ones. We miss those pot lucks and the wise tales. See ya'll there
Ric and Kris Cessna
ricthestick
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Liddybug » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Great! Can't wait to see the Shasta!

:applause:
Liddybug
Teardrop Builder

Re: Shasta Lake Gathering 2017

Postby myoung » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:18 pm

I've never been to this Gathering, but may be able to this year. Is it okay to bring my Teardrop Shipping Crate?

Also, how many trailers do you typically get at this event?

Thanks,
Mike Young
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=40459
myoung
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 pm

myoung wrote:I've never been to this Gathering, but may be able to this year. Is it okay to bring my Teardrop Shipping Crate?

Also, how many trailers do you typically get at this event?

Thanks,

Hi, Mike! I'M not Lydia; but, I'd love to see you and your wife there. Tents to big rigs, anybody can attend as it is a public campground. You can camp primitive or, if you hurry and get in your reservation, you can get a spot with electricity. (Those go pretty fast.) Since we all have been going there for so many years, we get a nicely reduced rate. Be sure to tell them that you are part of the Shasta Lake Gathering so they know to discount your camp site.

I'll take a wild stab at the number of trailers by saying it's probably similar to what IRG gets, sometimes more; sometimes less, depending on the weather and even what events or other gatherings might be happening.

Lydia will undoubtedly weigh in with better information.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby mooseyguy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:45 am

Hi! Just reserved 2 nights (4/28-4/30). Trying to reserve site 63. :worship: See you there.

chuck
mooseyguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Liddybug » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Mike!
I called a few days ago and there were about 60 sites booked. Some of those may be doubles, so not sure on an exact head count... Last year we had 78 trailers! And your Shipping Crate is great :) Can't wait to see it!

Hi Chuck! Woohoo! I'll be there too! :D

Lydia
Liddybug
Teardrop Builder

Shasta Dam's water level 6 feet from the top 02/11/17

Postby Esteban » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:07 pm

As of today, February 11, 2017, Shasta Lake is rapidly filling. UPDATED 1:00 P.M. - Shasta Dam six feet from the top, flows at 70,000 cfs through Shasta Dam and Keswick Dam expected all weekend
REDDING, Calif. - Shasta Dam is almost full. It's six feet from full capacity. According to Don Bader, who is in charge at the Bureau of Reclamation, that is 40 feet higher than normal for this time of year.

Flows have increased to 70,000 cfs through the weekend at Shasta Dam and Keswick Dam. Flows have caused Sheriff Tom Bosenko to close the Sacramento River for recreational use in the Redding area this weekend.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Re: Shasta Dam's water level 6 feet from the top 02/11/17

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Esteban wrote:As of today, February 11, 2017, Shasta Lake is rapidly filling. UPDATED 1:00 P.M. - Shasta Dam six feet from the top, flows at 70,000 cfs through Shasta Dam and Keswick Dam expected all weekend
REDDING, Calif. - Shasta Dam is almost full. It's six feet from full capacity. According to Don Bader, who is in charge at the Bureau of Reclamation, that is 40 feet higher than normal for this time of year.

Flows have increased to 70,000 cfs through the weekend at Shasta Dam and Keswick Dam. Flows have caused Sheriff Tom Bosenko to close the Sacramento River for recreational use in the Redding area this weekend.

I think that they are letting as much water out as they dare without having severe flooding. Some streets, that usually flood at times like this, are closed due to flooding. I went down to the end of the street and our 100 year flood plan is doing its job with the water 3 feet below the planned overflow area. The city called everyone near the rivers and steams and put them all on flood watch status until 9AM tomorrow morning. So far, it looks like we will be okay.

The dam is usually kept at 39 feet below the top because there are sacred Indian grounds that become flooded if it is any higher than that; thus, the "bathtub ring" you usually see. They'll get it back down before the sacred grounds are needed this spring.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby ileanp » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 pm

We booked our site for 3 nights! See y'all there ~
ileanp
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ruthytoo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Look forward to seeing everyone again. Had such a great time at our very first gathering last year.
Ruthytoo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Liddybug » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:07 pm

That moment where I realize we're 7 weeks out......... Initiate adrenaline!

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help - I'm sure I'll be tapping you closer to when I really realize I've forgotten things! Can't wait to see everyone!

One important memo - *PLEASE LEAVE POLITICS AND GOSSIP AT HOME*. We all need a stress free weekend, especially this gal who's juggling 2 jobs and has a funeral, a family reunion, and a job interview in Seattle to attend before the gathering. Lord help me, I cannot do drama or politics.

I cannot wait to get out and visit! This will be fun! :D
Liddybug
Teardrop Builder

Postby ELM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Made our reservation 27-30 in A-57 Looking forward to this it's been 38 years since Ive camped there. And this will be our first gathering. :D As far as the potluck goes what should we bring ? Or do you want it to be a surprise :o
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Jefferson State