New from the U.P. Michigan

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New from the U.P. Michigan

Postby Jados » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:39 am

Hello everyone, my name is Jacob I'm currently 23 and have a beautiful wife named Becca. I have been interested in building my own teardrop for quite some time now, and now that I have my own garage that dream began to become a reality! I started my build back in September of 2016. I have basic knowledge about building and wood working but I'm always looking to further that knowledge. Thank you in advance for any advice/help you offer! Image
Jados
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New from the U.P. Michigan

Postby IndyTom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:23 am

Looks like you have a great start. Keep sharing with us. And we need more pictures!

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Welcome aboard Jacob. Looks like you have a good start on your td project. Too bad you didn't log on to the forum before you started your build. You might have gotten some suggestions on making the door as large as possible. It is so nice to sit on your mattress with the door open, with legs hanging outside, and be able to look outside. However, it's too late to make any door size changes, so press on with the build. I do hope you plan on a second door on the other side, since making the bed from just one side it a real chore, plus it is difficult to climb over your partner in the middle of the night when nature calls. Other than that, I say, good luck on your build, keep us informed, take more pics and post em. Never hesitate to ask questions, since many of us have been in the same place as you are in the build process.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly, the little ol' woody teardrop guy in sunny southern Calif.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby TimC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:02 am

Looks like a good start Jacob...

What are your favorite UP camping spots? I'm there regularly. Love Ontonagon Township Campground, 12 Mile Beach at Pictured Rocks, Lil Bay de Noc Natl Forest Campground (Stonington Pen.) among others. I'm in the Iron Mtn area. Maybe will run into you someday on your travels.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Jacob! Love seeing youngsters building their trailers! Like Rolly mentioned, build a 2nd door - you won't regret it! I had a 5'x10' Teardrop that a 6'2" guy built and loved the extra space inside for foot room. He also had 2 doors and it helps with everything - ventilation, entry/exit, making the bed, loading/unloading...and best of all, night-time potty calls!

Looking forward to watching your build. I have friends from Michigan who come to Florida to camp during their winter months. Such a beautiful state you live in and the U.P. is simply stunning!

Welcome aboard and keep those pictures coming. :thumbsup:

Becca
the "Cajun Lady"
1977 Scotty Hilander Trunk-back - "Bayou Belle"
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Jados » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone !
I do have a second door on the other side. My wife didn't really understand why I designed it that way until I showed her these posts. Cajun lady, my wife's family goes down to Panama City beach every early for the winter as well! We hope to take the camper down there soon as well.
Jados
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Jados wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone !
I do have a second door on the other side. My wife didn't really understand why I designed it that way until I showed her these posts. Cajun lady, my wife's family goes down to Panama City beach every early for the winter as well! We hope to take the camper down there soon as well.

We have an active Tin Can Tourist group in the Panama City area. They welcome all types of trailers but you'd have to be a member of the TCT. It's cheap - $25.00 to register and I think $20.00 after that. Great group of people! They are all over Michigan too.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves