Cassette TTT Rebuild

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Cassette TTT Rebuild

Postby bushido41 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

Some of you might remember me, I have not post in a while. My poor TTT got damage due to water intrusion, and I have been battling this for a few years. Finally I decide, to tackle the problem and Im doing a complete rebuild. I will post pictures soon. My TTT was framed with Aluminum square tubing on a sandwich of Filon on the outside and 1/8 ply on the inside. This trailer was commercially made, and it was build very cheaply.
My question is since the frame is aluminum, and I will like to use aluminum sheets to cover the outside. Do you think I could do a sandwich of aluminum sheets with foam and FRP on the inside?

Thank you in advance.

Ed
Ed
K4BQN
ImageImageImage
bushido41
Teardrop Master

Re: Cassette TTT Rebuild

Postby bushido41 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:55 pm

The work begins

Im going to go for a look like this one.

or this one

Have not decide on the front curbed or slant.
Ed
K4BQN
ImageImageImage
bushido41
Teardrop Master

Postby working on it » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:15 pm

bushido41 wrote:... My poor TTT got [url]damage due to water intrusion[/url], and I have been battling this for a few years. Finally I decide, to tackle the problem and Im doing a complete rebuild. I will post pictures soon. My TTT was framed with Aluminum square tubing on a sandwich of Filon on the outside and 1/8 ply on the inside. This trailer was commercially made....Ed
Image Dang, Ed, it looks like water submersion, not intrusion. Did it sit out, uncovered, for those years you've had it? Did it have any leaks when you bought it? My condolences; at least the frame looks good!
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bushido41 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the comments.

Actually, the picture you point out is when I separated the trailer from the frame. The trailer was close all the time, but I travel lots, and reside in Florida. Two problems, lots of rain and humidity, and only took a couple of weeks for the interior to get moldy after rain got inside due to the failure of a few screws on the trim. I just finished painting the frame and adding two foot to the front to make the trailer a 78 x 120 TTT. That will allow me to use an IKEA full size sofa across, still have space for the kitchen in the back, and storage upfront. I will continue posting the updates on this money pit I got into.
If you look at my Gallery you can see some pictures of the camper when I got it first.
Ed
K4BQN
ImageImageImage
bushido41
Teardrop Master

Postby bushido41 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

Looking for accessories that I could incorporate to my build, I found the FoxWing by OZtent.us. This is very cool awning, a bit expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erx6XFP6oSg
Ed
K4BQN
ImageImageImage
bushido41
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion