I'm back, let the madness return

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

I'm back, let the madness return

Postby mike66442 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 pm

:DOH2: its been 6yr, time to build a second tiny tear. Let the MADNESS begin....
This time I'm planning on building a truly tiny tear. I plan on pulling it with my Ural motorcycle.
have been lurking around for a while now, and there are not to many plans out there in the very tiny size. my trailer is a flat utility 48"X48" long Tung.
most plans I have seen, look like folding types, I'm looking to try a very small traditional teardrop type. looking at a max 78 long by 48 wide, and 40-48 tall and as light as possible.

was thinking about sides in plywood, and corrugated tin or PVC for the tear. any ideas on this working, have seen larger tear drops use corrugated meatal.
Attachments
URAL.gif
URAL.gif (94.13 KiB) Viewed 444 times
mike66442
Teardrop Builder

Re: I'm back, let the madness return

Postby Bodeanoo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:04 am

Corrugated tin or pvc is hard to seal at the ends, not impossible just a lot of work. Then you have the sharp edges to deal with.
Weight is going to be your big problem. I would do a stick build with 1/8 inch ply for walls and roof . For the floor, with careful planing of cross members under your main body weight you can use ΒΌ inch. Then use PMF to keep it simple. There is a couple plans on this forum for light builds. :thinking:
Bodeanoo
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves