Thoughts On Timberline Teardrop?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Thoughts On Timberline Teardrop?

Postby Cathy P. » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:38 pm

I have looked online at a lot of teardrops. I came across this one and found it different than some of the others. Good different in that the inside of the largest is 53 1/2" tall and is "pretty" and having been the only female in the house, I miss "pretty" things, and wood is "pretty" but I know the down side, I think. My biggest hesitation is the rubber roof. I have read everything here as to comments on the rubber roof and endured them on a couple of RVs, so it isn't like I don't know them but.........

This builder is in Iowa, I'm in KS, so it isn't so far away. At this point, the only other unit I am seriously considering is the T@G Max, yep, off the assembly line but readily available. I saw a blog article once on the Camp Inn vs Little Guy and Little Guy won when it came to price and availability, I don't recall them winning in any other areas though, but those two categories do bring in the business.

So, this is the website to the builder, what do think? https://www.timberlineteardropco.com/ I like the Wilderness, the largest. I do wonder if one should have more windows, or if windows would just be more of a pain than they were worth. Thanks in advance. :)
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: Thoughts On Timberline Teardrop?

Postby tony.latham » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:34 pm

My first reaction is they look heavy and I couldn't find a listed weight on their page.

Some like a tall teardrop, but I prefer our 46" ceiling. To me, anything taller is wasted space, more towing drag, and would be a place heat would go on a cold night.

I'd want to know what they are using on the wood for UV resistance.

And I can't swallow an article that compares a Camp-Inn with a Little Guy.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby friz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

If you like that look, you might check out https://bigwoodycampers.com/
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby Cathy P. » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks to both. Here is the article, for those that may never have seen and might be interested comparing the Little Guy Silver Shadow (I do like it, but is short inside like 38") and Camp-Inn (I watch for used): http://www.starling-travel.com/2012/03/ ... p-inn-550/ I think most people could have written this article with even a little knowledge about both units.

I'd be towing with a 2007 Dodge Durango, so weight and height aren't a big concern. I think the height on the back end of the Durango is 72".

I will follow-up on suggestions. I can never have too much input.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 pm

I've gotta say... on that article, they used photos pulled off the two manufacturer's webpages. That tells me that they didn't actually compare two teardrops. This was a comparison of listed features and looks based on the webpages. Six-bits says the writer hasn't touched a Camp-Inn.

Now... I'll behave and let this subject go.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to General Discussion