Grant's Tug Drop

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Grant's Tug Drop

Postby ae6black » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Does anybody know if Grant finished the Tug Drop and if any pictures exist of it. I was really interested in his build but have lost track of it.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Re: Grant's Tug Drop

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 pm

I think he has lost track of it, too. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby robfisher » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:08 am

I'm not sure but I think Grant may have loaded the Tug Drop on an old Steam Train and headed off into the sunset.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Greg M » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 am

Guy gets married, and loses his way. Very sad ;)
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Vedette » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:36 am

Rough Crowd! :R
Brian
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 pm

ae6black wrote:Does anybody know if Grant finished the Tug Drop and if any pictures exist of it. I was really interested in his build but have lost track of it.

Art

Hey, Art!

The TugDrop got moved from the back burner to completely off the stove a couple or three years ago so I could concentrate on the business and impending family affairs ... then there was our wedding, and my subsequent retirement from the business, followed very shortly thereafter by us taking on the 24/7 eldercare of my 94yo father ... on top of all of that, we've also had to deal with (and are still dealing with) the very ugly business of an attempt at character assassination by a handful of people who we thought were among our closest friends (which, quite understandably, managed to sour our camping spirit for a while ... allbeit a short while!).

Through all of that (and perhaps in spite of it), things have started a slow turn back to "normal" recently, and the TugDrop will be returning to the back burner of the stove within the next 12 months or so, followed shortly thereafter by being right back up to the front! If you want to follow the progress, you can do so from my teardrops.net Facebook page (though there hasn't been much-if-any activity over there, lately, either ... also soon to change!).

Anyway, don't loose hope ... I sure haven't ... :D ... anybody who has lived life anywhere near their fullest potential will tell you, it (Life) will often get in the way of even your best intentions! 'Til the next time ...

CHEERS!

Grant

p.s. - Thanks for the support, Brian ... ;) ...!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby aggie79 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Grant,

It's good to hear from you! We understand the "life issues". My wife and I too have been caring for our aging - 86-91 year-old - parents. We're grateful to help but it is the primary reason that we haven't been camping in 3 years. Fingers crossed - we're scheduled to attend a gathering in two weeks.

We look forward to the resurrection of the Tug Drop and having your knowledge, insight and perspective again on the forum.

Take care,
Tom
Last edited by aggie79 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby ae6black » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Grant so sorry to hear how those close to you have been treating you. The last time I was home, my 93 year old father didn't recognize me for a few minutes. While I am not his main care giver, I can understand the pressure that you are under. It may not be much comfort, but a great many others have also been slighted and lied about by by those they trusted. You have been a great inspiration to me and I thank you for all of the free technical advice that you gave me over the years. Before your site went down, I can remember watching your plans for the tug drop and was interested in your design and how they were going to work out in practice. I admit, all of that glass out front made me wonder how it would stand up to stone chips and other things being kicked up by the tow vehicle. But seriously, I liked what I saw and was wondering how it would turn out. If it worked for you I was thinking about a similar design if I ever got around to building Trailer #2. I've just been satisfied with the first one for what I do with it.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Glad to hear things a coming back around for you, Grant. We rib you because we like you
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Return to General Discussion