Cast Iron Roasted Coffee

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Cast Iron Roasted Coffee

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed May 03, 2017 11:21 am

Enjoy the best cup of coffee you've ever had, while camping...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Re: Cast Iron Roasted Coffee

Postby cherokeegeorge » Fri May 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Another great video Dean. And I bet it smells good too.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby IndyTom » Sat May 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Dean, you now have me looking for a coffee grinder. That looks awesome, and the results have to be even more awesome.
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon May 22, 2017 12:29 pm

Let me know how your batch turns out!
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Greg M » Mon May 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Hey Tom,
Here's a great camping grinder: https://www.amazon.com/Hario-Mini-Mill- ... im+grinder
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Redneck Packrat » Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm

slowcowboy wrote:We're do you guys buy the green beans all I can get is brown ones locally I already have a old grocery store large electric
Grinder..so I already grind my own coffee slowcowboy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I get mine from smokinbeans.com ... my preference is the Mexican, I get it on the monthly subscription and roast every few days in cast iron.

This is a video I made a couple months ago. It's in 3 parts, link to next part is in the description section. Cat has learned to give me plenty of room....hehehehe....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxdNSBZvSUc
Bill
Texas Gulf coast, near Corpus

Working on this, started 5/2017: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=68614

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield :?
Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Postby Redneck Packrat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 am

JULY 27 UPDATE ON UPDATE: I received an email from them. Not a automated one. Had a nice email exchange with Lynn, who is apparently in charge of order fulfilment and was on vacation for a couple weeks and thought someone else was checking the "orders" email inbox. Apparently there were issues with Paypal's software gee-hawing with their software, and they never knew that I had an order ready to ship. It's been straightened out and shipped and I've got a tracking number that shows it already almost halfway here. I am a happy camper now as far as smokinbeans.com and rescind my estimate of any sort of scam being perpetrated. My estimate of them is now "honorable people to do business with." :thumbsup:

Update on smokinbeans.com:

I am revising my estimate of them to "suspicious of scam artist" subject to a really-believable reason (as opposed to a hollow, holey excuse) for their silence since taking my money for my July delivery back on the 4th and never confirming receipt of it (I only know it's gone because I looked at my account portal on the internet and also a notice from Paypal) nor sending me any coffee, which had been arriving by the 12th of the month.

After numerous emails and phone calls during their stated business hours going to voicemail, I can conclude that either they've absconded with a batch of orders' payments, or there has been a calamity in the family. They hold themselves out as family-owned and -operated.

I'm canceling my subscription with them if I haven't heard from them by the end of the day today, and will be looking for alternate sources for green beans. I've found one in Houston that sells full-bag only, and I'm only waiting to see if they can provide me with a sample before pulling the trigger on 152 lbs of green coffee beans at two dollars per pound :o

If I do that, I'd be happy to send anybody a pound or two so long as I can recover the cost for what I send plus what it takes to mail it. As that commercial years ago stated, I'll get back to ya soon with more details :D :D
Bill
Texas Gulf coast, near Corpus

Working on this, started 5/2017: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=68614

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield :?
Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Return to Cast Iron