The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 15, 2017 8:16 am

@#$%&$% more rain.... :FNP :FNP Low 40's and a light rain.. at least the forecast for the week looks better.

I am working in the doghouse this morning making more storage places. Anyone need a bevel square? It's one of those things.. that is inexpensive enough.. that when I can't find mine... I got purchase another... I think I have 6 now... :o 2 of them are probably Laurie's fathers. [stuff that I got after he passed.. vs a borrow and not return thing. ]

I was going to build some shelves for a couple of chainsaws to store some in the doghouse, to have a place there to store them if I want to take the Snowdog out without the saw. I have found a longer "hook" placed in-between the studded wall will work just as well as be easier to make... and less in the way otherwise.

I think I am going to head for some errands.. then back to work.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby mikeschn » Mon May 15, 2017 11:20 am

It's supposed to be 72° here today. I think I'll take a couple bikes out in the back yard and tune em up a little bit... In between bike rides that is!!!

Ah, spring is finally here!

Mike...

P.S. Oh, I'm making beef jerky this afternoon too! :D
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 15, 2017 1:26 pm

We might see spring eventually :roll: Actually Saturday wasn't half bad.

I have been semi productive today. Making more tool storage places in my addition. I fueled the truck.. got 2 stroke mix.. returned bottles.. and picked up some goodies... chalk for my chalk lines.. a new plumb bob. I picked up some string on a little wind up reel. I will be able to use that same reel for my plumb bob and my line levels. I also picked up some bigger hooks and mounted those for 2 of my chainsaws.

I was going to make a little sign for the dog house.. but I can't find my lettering bit..... :thinking: :roll: :cry: I have a special sign making station.. and it's not there.. not in the special router.. or the bit holder. I can't think of anything else I would have used it for. :thinking:

We were supposed to have a ride tonight.. but the weather hasn't cleared yet. :(
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 15, 2017 5:01 pm

The rain got heavier.. soooo we opted for the Bkool... this time of year where I don't use it often.. I get hesitant to get on it. I am not sure why? Perhaps it's the memory of how mentally painful riding inside USED to be.

BKool isn't bad at all.. it was fun. We wanted an easy spin.. with a harder ride coming up tomorrow. We joined someone else's ride.. and others joined in after us.

I did not find my bit.. but I did have a little different bit that worked.

I just read that Mount Washington observatory.. just received 33.3 inches on snow.. :o
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon May 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Nice sunny, but windy day here with high about 72 or so. Spent most all day trimming evergreen trees and on very large hedge today. Got lots of scratches, etc for my trouble. Should be back to mowing tomorrow. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 16, 2017 5:23 am

Sunshine today... and back to work today.

There was someone up the road just took out a big "hedge". It was a wall of cedar that was rather tall. First a crew cut the down, and hauled stuff away. It was a small front yard.. facing south.. so I am sure it brought in some needed light. Then a crew took out the stumps.. hauled in more top soil and graded things nicely. We went by the other day.. and there were more cedar planted. :o :roll: :lol:

Happy to have some sun today.. but bummed that our good days seem to fall on my work days. :cry: It will be nice to have good weather for tonights ride, and it's supposed to be good this week. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed May 17, 2017 5:19 am

Well, summer is here at least temporarily. Gonna be 90 degrees the next 2 days with high humidity. Then mid to upper 80s and humid on Friday. Back to mid 70s after that they are saying. Not ready for this heat and humidity yet, so going to be tough week for work. Can't start early due to the dew on the grass. My grass is wet enough that you would think it rained last night. :roll:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 am

It is sort of summery here also. It's in the 70's.... [but it has clouded in again] :cry: At least it's not as dark.. and isn't supposed to rain.

I am working on a variety of stuff here today. I have been in the woods for a little trail work... wanting to make at least a little progress out there. I also wanted to try out.. a new tool. I have been wanting something.. and yesterday at work.. Dave gave me.. a long reach clothing hook... I wanted it for moving branches while leave blowing. I generally end up doing a LOT of bending over while leave blowing, or have laurie helping me. There is still times I have to move things by hand, but this thing prevents much of it. It works great!

The doors are swollen shut from all the rain... This end I could open.. and I have planed it down and re-stained it.. the other side I haven't even been able to open it. :o

I am currently working on the rake trim.. then some flashing. I am not sure what next..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby mandy » Wed May 17, 2017 10:09 am

Ello Everybody. :) Glenn I think we got a little of your weather here yesterday. And now is sunny again but more rain is coming. Hi Kerry how have you been? Anybody else still here?
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 17, 2017 10:59 am

mandy wrote:Ello Everybody. :) Glenn I think we got a little of your weather here yesterday. And now is sunny again but more rain is coming. Hi Kerry how have you been? Anybody else still here?

Hey Mandy :lips: Mike has been here a bit recently.. and CD has made a return.
:D

Mandy.... we have had snow in this area.. just north of here and just west of here.. my friend Tom got about 5"... the top of Mount Washington.. got 33.3 in one storm the other day... here mostly cloudy cold and rainy... for 3 or 4 weeks. :cry:

They are saying tomorrow we will probably break records for warmth.

My sun is coming in and out a bit today. I was just up on the barn working on the roof.. and thinking some clouds might not be bad... :roll: It also humid.. or semi humid..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby mandy » Wed May 17, 2017 11:50 am

Aw thats horrible weather Glenn. It has been snowing in the mountains here on and off. Last week we got hail and some small towns in NM got Tornados that didn't damage anything. :o Yester day the high was 56 and today its supposed to be 75-80 degrees. :? Crazy weather.
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Thu May 18, 2017 6:02 pm

We had temps in the 90's today.. with some humidity. I think it's supposed to cool.. some for tomorrow. Work started slow.. not a lot of people.. and not all that many repairs waiting to be done. I did have a funeral to go to.. and when I got back all heck broke loose. :?

We are supposed to have good weather until Monday.. Monday is supposed to be rainy.

I am not sure what I will get to work on. Some trail work will be on the agenda.. we got to be looking at the lawn.. picking up more branches.. and some mowing.

Maybe I can start plastering the back of that parapet wall. ooh I did have more wood work and staining to do on the soffit of the parapet. I could go on...

Laurie is taking the afternoon off... so we can get more done.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri May 19, 2017 5:21 am

Hey Mandy! Good to see ya. It seems to be the time for screwy weather all over the place. Only supposed to hit 86 here today and be really humid.

Yesterday was a tough day at work and today is gonna be the same. Might have to have 2 different helpers today. One in the morning and a different one in the afternoon. :roll:

Should be back in the 70s and much lower humidity starting tomorrow. Back to normal???? :thinking: :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri May 19, 2017 5:09 pm

We had a cold front coming though today.. we started this morning at 70 ... we had some sun.. and some cloudy.. and wind. I worked on my dog house addition this morning.. then did some mowing until Laurie got home for lunch.. then after lunch we both headed for the woods.. doing more trail clean up. We didn't dawdle today. We got quite a bit more cleaned up.. of course we still have a lot more.. but we are getting there. Unfortunately we didn't leave any energy left for a ride. :(

Perhaps tomorrow we will ride FIRST. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat May 20, 2017 5:01 am

Yesterday morning it was in the 70s and very humid with very little breeze. This morning it is 58 and no humidity with a nice breeze. Have to go to work at nine for about 3 hours or so today. Should be nice to work though. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic