Anyone Camping?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Anyone Camping?

Postby mkitchen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 am

So who is out camping in this rather warm time? With temps hitting 120 in the Phoenix area and even in the high country, it's hitting 100, who is out camping? I was going to do a back country ride from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon but I wimped out. Since my heart attack, I am much more susceptible to high heat but I would like to get out and camp. Who ever heard of cabin fever in the summer.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Re: Anyone Camping?

Postby Pinstriper » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:33 am

We'll be out this weekend in 95deg. Fortunately full hookups and the "big" 15'er, so refrigerated air will be served up. I have an extra canopy to set up as well to keep the sun off the rig. Doubt we'll bother with a campfire!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Postby daveesl77 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:43 am

Just got back last week from a 2 week trip from Florida, SC, Virginia, New York, West Virginia, NC, Georgia, Florida. Florida parts don't count because it was leaving/returning days. Georgia overnight was kind of miserable, as nighttime temps only got down to about 78, but humidity was over 90% and kind of the same with the 1 night SC overnight stop on the way up. That said, VA, NY, WV were fantastic! Highs is the 60-70 range, lows in the 50-60s range. Fair amount of rain.

I too can no longer take the heat. I lived in it when younger, makes me physically sick now. We did not bring the AC on this last trip as we knew our "hotspot" overnights would only be for 1 or 2 nights. We are kind of done traveling for the summer, getting ready for fall for a month out. Next year we plan to go north during the entire summer.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Postby elcam84 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:24 pm

daveesl77 wrote:Just got back last week from a 2 week trip from Florida, SC, Virginia, New York, West Virginia, NC, Georgia, Florida. Florida parts don't count because it was leaving/returning days. Georgia overnight was kind of miserable, as nighttime temps only got down to about 78, but humidity was over 90% and kind of the same with the 1 night SC overnight stop on the way up. That said, VA, NY, WV were fantastic! Highs is the 60-70 range, lows in the 50-60s range. Fair amount of rain.

I too can no longer take the heat. I lived in it when younger, makes me physically sick now. We did not bring the AC on this last trip as we knew our "hotspot" overnights would only be for 1 or 2 nights. We are kind of done traveling for the summer, getting ready for fall for a month out. Next year we plan to go north during the entire summer.

dave

Same here. Thats why we are moving east in two years from Fort Worth to somewhere near Charlotte. Much nicer weather there than here.

So we wont be doing much anything outside until it cools off in October.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
elcam84
Teardrop Master

Postby mkitchen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 am

Well I am not ready to pack it in for the summer but I will be camping in the higher elevations. Right now, even Flagstaff is very hot but by next month monsoons will be going and it should (emphasis on should) be cooling a bit. With any luck, I will spend couple of weeks in the areas around Williams AZ and then possibly CO for a bit. I need to see how the funds do.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:07 am

I just got back from 9day stay in Flagstaff it was wonderful tips in the 80s day 50s night lots to go do trails to hike didn't do the Grand Canyon been there and don't like big crowds but it's cooler then Vegas at 120*
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Last weekend we went to the coast just below Santa Cruz. Spent 2 days on the beach. It was over 105 in the central valley.A cool 84 on the hot day, just 75 on the cold day brrrrrr. we plan on heading to the mountains this fall/ end of summer. :thumbsup:
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Return to South West