camping off season ????

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: camping off season ????

Postby Dano-Mich » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 pm

I go camping in Wyoming of course! Heading out in two weeks and my cargo trailer build is no where near where it needs to be. Got a couple of very busy weeks ahead of me. I'm taking two of my kids out to hunt cow elk between Christmas Eve and New Years - just the 3 of us in a 7x12 v-nose R&R trailer.
Dano-Mich
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ae6black » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:07 pm

I don't believe there is such a thing as camping off season except when it's too hot to stand doing much of anything.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Postby dguff » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 pm

See the Idaho Freezeout thread by Rob Fisher.
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Cosmo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Am looking for some guidance on keeping water liquid in below freezing weather.
I have backpacked and used insulation on water bottles to extend the liquid state.
Also stored them in the sleeping bag at night and filled pots with water so I could melt them in the morning if they froze etc. Car provides some help postponing freezing , but if its cold enough for long enough that will freeze too!

With the teardrop I seem to consume more water (the luxury aspect) than backpacking and was wondering what other people do?

I am interested in keeping 5 to 10 gallons from freezing

Thanks
=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby swoody126 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:18 am

i have opened this thread several times and each time was reminded of CAMPING over the years

in the summers we would camp @ the lake or beach AND goto the mountains where it was cooler

some years we would go from tripple digit temps to temps in the 20's all in the same summer

never thought much about it one way or tuther

"SEASONS" makes me think of temps and weather appropriate activities

yes we carried different clothing and toys

cooler/colder weather usually require more heavier meals to keep the old body going

that means more cooking and activities around the fire

walking in the woods @ our place in the summer was knot sew pleasant since the air was still and HOT

walking in the woods in cooler weather WAS quite enjoyable and the wildlife was easier to see

several families would gaggle up for Turkey Day wknd & spring break week come rain or shine at different CG's around the southwest

we didn't often deal with snow butt woke up to it in deer camp many times and just pressed on...

we aways put a pan of water on the stove/fire grate b4 going to bed right beside the coffee pot

1st man/woman up lit/started the fire

coffee & fluid water would soon be available

then LIFE could begin

the vessels we used on the fire were wider @ the top than bottom allowing solid water to be removed w/o issue

when stainless bowls came on the scene we got a set which made liquifying solid water easier

in warmer climes personal hygene involved IVORY SOAP ;-)

in colder climes personal hygene also involved a #3 warshtub(duh)

never really pondered the seasons restricting/shutting down our camping

our activities simply evolved thru the 4 seasons

just incorporated different activities which were more weather/temperature appropriate

growing up and spending my earlier adult years w/o extra funds dictated that we made do w/ available resources if we wanted to DO...

each morning we are dealt a hand of cards

how we choose to play them is up to us

we can VEG at home or get out and DO something... ANYTHING

what you end up doing is up to you

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:35 pm

We are headed for Disney World the first of the year and a week at a Florida state park. January is about as "Off Season" as Disney gets. While we do not have snow I thawed out the trailer hitch lock and got it off, I also tested the lights...
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion