6x14 Window Placement Question

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6x14 Window Placement Question

Postby MrBo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:55 am

Iconfabul8 wrote:I figured after we zeroed in on just what you wanted, I could then get you a printable copy or whatever format you want, because I have to shrink these a lot to display on the forum.

Got a question? I am about to place my factory order and send them the sketch. I added about 7" to the sketch between the vnose and door. Need a little space 6-7 and could not tell about what it really is. They will put the door any where I tell them to. What do you think? I do not want to screw it up.

Little nervous and Will be happy when all this is over of of installing a brake controller and getting to GA and Back safely. Going to try and get a back up camera too, that will be a big tool hooking up. I hear a broom handle works too. :lol: It is wireless and I could put it on the back of the trailer that might be nice on the road.

After when I get back I can take my time doing the conversion. I will start a build thread. Roaring Thunder... ( I am a x 30 year Storm chaser but might have a few in me this year)

Thanks again for all you do! :applause: :D :thumbsup:
Last edited by MrBo on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bo

6x14 Build Log - Rolling Thunder - Cabin on Wheels - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69971
MrBo
Teardrop Master

Postby MrBo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 pm

I think my head is about to explode :? :oops: :thinking:

When I do the math being 165" inside length ( nose is extra space) with the way things are it leaves 15" total space for the door space to front and also in between the two windows. It might not even be that if the window would not include an extra inch or two for trim. Do not know what the normal space is from door to front. Some look like it is a foot. So sorry I did not catch this and hate being a pain. :oops:

The goal is to put a kitchen in the front vNose and balance the load with the back weight. :thinking:

Almost put the order in this AM but now I am stumped. :? :cry:
Mr Bo

6x14 Build Log - Rolling Thunder - Cabin on Wheels - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69971
MrBo
Teardrop Master

Postby Iconfabul8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Ok I think I have everything dimensioned, describe what you want placed where.
It is kinda hard to read but between the two windows is 13.25" and door to front is 1.75"
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby MrBo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Iconfabul8 wrote:Ok I think I have everything dimensioned, describe what you want placed where.
It is kinda hard to read but between the two windows is 13.25" and door to front is 1.75"

You are AWESOME! Door to front 7" ... 16" to 13" and the 48 to 45". I think that puts it in the ball park. Let me know.

Many many thanks!

:)
Mr Bo

MrBo
Teardrop Master

Postby Iconfabul8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Look this over, let me know if you want to tweak it a little. Are we still ok at 48" from the rear on the other side?

Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby MrBo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 pm

[quote="Iconfabul8"]Look this over, let me know if you want to tweak it a little. Are we still ok at 48" from the rear on the other side?

Looks great! Yes, I think that will work fine for both sides. If anyone sees anything I might be missing please let me know.

Excited to place this order :twisted: and will be happy when I get there and get back safely, 3200 mi trip. Love road trips though.

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

:applause: :thumbsup: :D
Mr Bo

MrBo
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions