WEE ROLL campers

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: WEE ROLL campers

Postby ray suarez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:01 am

McDave wrote:NEO trailers look to be a high quality aluminium trailer. They have several models and options available. However, they also are manufactured in Sturgis,.....Michigan. They sound like they smaller privately owned and operated business. I have really only heard good things about their products.

http://www.neotrailers.com/

McDave

Wow, thanks for the input, you got me second guessing. However, the few things I did notice, is that neo uses bias ply tires, .30 exterior aluminum, and wooden floors, I tried to compare specs and wee roll uses radial tires, .40 aluminum for their standard and aluminum floors from glancing thru, however , I did not see any off road style with neo? I am kind of stuck on the wrangler x model so far..... great thread
ray suarez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby billbob412 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am

I have a 12x7 NEO motorcycle trailer that I converted into a mini toy hauler. I ordered radial tires they weren't much more money than bias ply. I have plywood floors and that would be my choice over aluminum .Aluminum is cold and slippery . They also offer marine ply if wanted but the floor in mine is excellent quality .I also ordered Dexter rubber axle over stranded springs.I certainly wouldn't hesitate pulling it down dirt roads as it is very well built.I will post some pics as soon as i figure how. :D .
billbob412
Teardrop Builder

Postby dmrogers » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:38 am

billbob412 wrote:I have a 12x7 NEO motorcycle trailer that I converted into a mini toy hauler. I ordered radial tires they weren't much more money than bias ply. I have plywood floors and that would be my choice over aluminum .Aluminum is cold and slippery . They also offer marine ply if wanted but the floor in mine is excellent quality .I also ordered Dexter rubber axle over stranded springs.I certainly wouldn't hesitate pulling it down dirt roads as it is very well built.I will post some pics as soon as i figure how. :D .

That would be great!
It's nice to see other people's builds.
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby billbob412 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Ok ,Here,s a couple of pics i think i will post more on my new album. I can fit my Ural side car and my Husky FE350 and still sleep in the front152625152628152627
billbob412
Teardrop Builder

Postby hankaye » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

ray suarez, Howdy;

So, what's wrong with 0.030" aluminum skin???
Why some of the finest aircraft use the same thickness for their exterior skin.
I know as I had to work on them for close to 20 or a few more years... Just askin'

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ray suarez » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:47 am

hankaye wrote:ray suarez, Howdy;

So, what's wrong with 0.030" aluminum skin???
Why some of the finest aircraft use the same thickness for their exterior skin.
I know as I had to work on them for close to 20 or a few more years... Just askin'

hank

Nothing at all. And I am sure you have forgot more about aluminum then I will ever know. But due to the fact that many people have commented on other trailer companies, I started comparing specs and have even called a metal company to get a price difference on the sheets, .30 will ripple in the sunlight/heat and the cost for the material is less expensive than .40 so when I started comparing the standard features as compared to price, each and every items adds up to who is charging more for their product and I want to get the best value for my money, In addition the cost of .90 or 1/8" aluminum floor, is a more expensive material than the pressure treated wood, regardless of preference, costs are costs, a person on the thread mentioned they upgraded to from the bias ply to radial and that was a standard product , hey that's $40 bucks that I could have taken my daughter to the movies with. No disrespect meant, I just cant afford to pay more money for a product with less value features.
ray suarez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby McDave » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:40 am

billbob412 wrote:Ok ,Here,s a couple of pics i think i will post more on my new album. I can fit my Ural side car and my Husky FE350 and still sleep in the front152625152628152627

Nice toy hauler billbob,
I have a 6x12 flatnose toy hauler. You made good use of the V nose and that's a nice little propane heater. But I think the Knob Creek is probably the best upgrade. ... ;) ...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby billbob412 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:59 am

Dave ,the problem with Knob Creek is it seems to evaporate to fast. :) ill be sitting there watching tv and before you know it my bottle is empty :lol:
billbob412
Teardrop Builder

Postby dmrogers » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:41 pm

I spoke with a lady that will be picking up her Wee Roll trailer in the next few days.
She agreed to share her experience with me and get some photos.
Her trailer is a 5x10x5 offroad.
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ray suarez » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:28 am

bushido41 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have been following these trailers, and indeed Weeroll is a dealer of ATG, http://www.aluminumtrailergroup.com/dealer-locator.
This trailers look very nice, and I will be going to either ATG, or Weeroll in the near future to view their products. I live about 3 hours south of them.
Regards,

Hello Again,

I did some more research to the connection between ATG and Weeroll, and found out after speaking to a customer on the weeroll fan club page that weeroll is no longer a dealer or having anything manufactured by ATG due to warranty issues with the trailers built by ATG, and in addition, Weeroll was taking care of warranty work, and did what ever it took to make it right when in fact ATG manufactured for them, to the extent that weeroll made ATG buy the trailer back due to the product not up to the customers satisfaction. That says a lot about the Weeroll that they stand behind the product. At this point now weeroll is now manufactured in an ISO 9000 approved facility, so definitely they are no longer dealing with a mom and pop company that did not do work to their level of expectations.
ray suarez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Vspec » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 am

McDave wrote:NEO trailers look to be a high quality aluminium trailer. They have several models and options available. However, they also are manufactured in Sturgis,.....Michigan. They sound like they smaller privately owned and operated business. I have really only heard good things about their products.

http://www.neotrailers.com/

McDave

+1 I'd buy another one, if I had to replace mine :P

Also they have added much better options for the CTC crowd and even have an ADV oriented one, which I would have probably purchased had they been offered at the time.
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dmrogers » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:45 pm

ray suarez wrote:
bushido41 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have been following these trailers, and indeed Weeroll is a dealer of ATG, http://www.aluminumtrailergroup.com/dealer-locator.
This trailers look very nice, and I will be going to either ATG, or Weeroll in the near future to view their products. I live about 3 hours south of them.
Regards,

Hello Again,

I did some more research to the connection between ATG and Weeroll, and found out after speaking to a customer on the weeroll fan club page that weeroll is no longer a dealer or having anything manufactured by ATG due to warranty issues with the trailers built by ATG, and in addition, Weeroll was taking care of warranty work, and did what ever it took to make it right when in fact ATG manufactured for them, to the extent that weeroll made ATG buy the trailer back due to the product not up to the customers satisfaction. That says a lot about the Weeroll that they stand behind the product. At this point now weeroll is now manufactured in an ISO 9000 approved facility, so definitely they are no longer dealing with a mom and pop company that did not do work to their level of expectations.

Thanks for the update. That is good information to know.
The question I have, is WeeRoll now building full size (7x18) cargo trailers? I guess I should give them a call and see what they say.
We have a ton of trailer builders in Georgia, but it seems like the ones I am interested in are all in Michigan or Indiana. :(
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John61CT » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm looking for an aluminum builder that will make a custom

One single chassis, separate from 3-4 different slide-on topper frames.

Ideally working precisely from supplied CAD files.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dmrogers » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:56 pm

John61CT wrote:I'm looking for an aluminum builder that will make a custom
One single chassis, separate from 3-4 different slide-on topper frames.
Ideally working precisely from supplied CAD files.

What part of the country are you from?
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John61CT » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:16 am

From? Germany.

My current location is in the northeast, but that changes frequently, and I'm free to travel as needed. I guess for the next six months east of the Mississippi would be more convenient than west.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions