The Astroliner

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The Astroliner

Postby Atomic77 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:42 am

jbell.louisburg wrote:And congrats on your twin cylinder !! My father in law loved his 321 cu in twin cylinder that he rebuilt from the ashes...

although the 321 was green, and said john deere.... Hope this brings a smile to you -- you deserve it.
Yes it does! My life began on a farm. My early restorations were old tractors I did for my dad. I have an appreciation for those too!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pchast » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:27 pm

I'm glad to see you back. :thumbsup:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm

pchast wrote:I'm glad to see you back.
Thank you!

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:41 am

This is awesome news!!! So happy for you, getting back where you deserve to be with health, the camper, the bike and hopefully the work you love.

This comes as the second great news in two days. A friend on my billiards league team just got his six month clean bill of health after treatments and surgery to remove cancerous lymph nodes in his groin. Even from afar it is such a big relief to hear the good news. I can surely imagine and share the stress and fear that it puts you through, going through such an ordeal. Someone said to me that I should expect a third "good news", so let's hope my sister in law gets some (she has had complications after double mastectomy, so for those who are inclined to do so, please pray for her, too).

Atomic77 wrote:I get stupid with it I won't lie. But danged if it ain't worth it!

Amen. Setting difficult goals and then seeing them through allows your true craftsmanship to shine... and shine it does!!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by KCStudly on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

KCStudly wrote:This is awesome news!!! So happy for you, getting back where you deserve to be with health, the camper, the bike and hopefully the work you love.

This comes as the second great news in two days. A friend on my billiards league team just got his six month clean bill of health after treatments and surgery to remove cancerous lymph nodes in his groin. Even from afar it is such a big relief to hear the good news. I can surely imagine and share the stress and fear that it puts you through, going through such an ordeal. Someone said to me that I should expect a third "good" news", so let's hope my sister in law gets some (she has had complications after double mastectomy, so for those who are inclined to do so, please pray for her, too).

Atomic77 wrote:I get stupid with it I won't lie. But danged if it ain't worth it!

Amen. Setting difficult goals and then seeing them through allows your true craftsmanship to shine... and shine it does!!!
Hi KC! Good to hear from you! That's great about your friend! And prayers for your sister in law for a clean bill of health! Sounds like you had a good Christmas... I was just catching up. You made out well it appears! One thing you mentioned... My career. Well, that has changed a bit thanks to cancer. I won't be racing anymore and the only shop work I'll be doing is my own. I'm considering it retirement, it's the only way I can feel good about it. The cancer has left me with permanent damages that will keep me from working a normal job. I may have retired from professional racing, but I'm not retired from life! So now my talent is mine and mine alone. And I'm going to enjoy life and live! Anxious to see you get back to building Brotherman. Wish you were closer, we could use your engineering skills! This weekend I'm going down to work on a new feature for the coach. A flat screen that raises out of a footboard tv cabinet. It's the "one thing" Carrie has asked for on this build so it's just gotta happen! At this point we have "imagine-neered" the process utilizing ball bearing roller guides and a 12v actuator. After the weekend we should know if the idea will work, or if we need to fly you in for backup! I'll keep you posted! Talk soon

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby daveesl77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:18 am

Michael, it is WONDERFUL to see you! I'm so happy for your progress...now get to work son, we ain't got all day to do whatever it is we are doing! :D

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:20 am

daveesl77 wrote:Michael, it is WONDERFUL to see you! I'm so happy for your progress...now get to work son, we ain't got all day to do whatever it is we are doing! :D

dave
Hahaha! Thank you Dave, good to be back!

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 am

Anything I can do to help, as ever, all you have to do is ask. Come to think of it, I usually give my opinion even if not asked. :lol: 8) ;)

But seriously, if you want me to take a look at your idea, or work out some details, I can 3D model just about anything, including articulated mechanisms. It could help figure out specific critical dimensions, unforeseen interference's, etc. I'd be honored to help, especially on a "Carrie project" (we know she deserves it, too).
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:24 am

KCStudly wrote:Anything I can do to help, as ever, all you have to do is ask. Come to think of it, I usually give my opinion even if not asked. 8) ;)

But seriously, if you want me to take a look at your idea, or work out some details, I can 3D model just about anything, including articulated mechanisms. It could help figure out specific critical dimensions, unforeseen interference's, etc. I'd be honored to help, especially on a "Carrie project" (we know she deserves it, too).
Thank you Brotherman. Muy apreciado!

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby OP827 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:42 pm

WOW Michael, great to see you are back! I am amazed of how much drive and energy you got, you are NOT cutting corners with this build complexity at all my friend!!! Let this 2018 year be great for you and your family! I have been thinking of you. I pray for your health. I greatly enjoy watching your amazing work.
OP827
Donating Member

Postby SCwood » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Just getting caught up. It’s great to see you’re healthy and back at it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SCwood
Teardrop Advisor

Postby HarleyCamper » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:03 am

Great to hear that you got a clean bill of health. Beautiful build, and gorgeous bike!
HarleyCamper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm

whow, That is really nice work!!

You are giving me ideas.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm

OP827 wrote:WOW Michael, great to see you are back! I am amazed of how much drive and energy you got, you are NOT cutting corners with this build complexity at all my friend!!! Let this 2018 year be great for you and your family! I have been thinking of you. I pray for your health. I greatly enjoy watching your amazing work.
Thank you OP!

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Atomic77 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 pm

HarleyCamper wrote:Great to hear that you got a clean bill of health. Beautiful build, and gorgeous bike!
Thank you very much

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals