AC Help

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

AC Help

Postby firemansd19 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Ok guys and gals. We have another build on the horizon and wanna try something different with the ac. I know there are many options out there, but we want to use a windows AC unit and build it into a cabinet inside the CT. I know there has been post on here exactly like we are looking for, just don’t have time to search. Need some help with pics on how anyone has built the cabinet and vented it to the outside. Please help with pics or maybe links to forums. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Re: AC Help

Postby hankaye » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:55 pm

firemansd19, Howdy;

It starts here \/ and goes on ... one, if not the bestest build on the site. with the a/c you're looking for.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65498
flboy has done an extreamly good job of documenting his build with lots of explaining of the how tos and
why I did this ... have fun

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Iconfabul8 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:38 am

Don/Flboy really did do a nice job and is worth studying. You should also look at Hader's AC install, especially if you want a more stealth install.
Hader's through the floor AC
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby flboy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks for the kind words Hank and Icon. Many good ideas all over TNTTT... that is why I like it so much.

If you decide to go up high in a cabinet, look for posts on my build starting on July 2, 2016. That is when I built the shelf and installed. A month or so earlier, I cut the roof and sidewall for vents.

If you decide to mount in rear door, hire Iconfabul8 to weld up a mount. Very innovative and permanent.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby onlyridepark » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 am

Just got this in over the weekend. Still need to run the condensate drain and finish out the interior cabinet. I just had the trailer built with a generator compartment with the intention of putting the AC in it.

onlyridepark
Teardrop Builder

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions