Another PMF Question

Finishes, paints and coatings

Another PMF Question

Postby OCBINVA » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 am

I am starting the demo and ordering for my micro camper project. It is an old very small uhaul. Its construction is aluminum skinned plywood with vertical brackets bolting it together on each corner and bolts on each side going through the skin to the frame. I have been thinking of PMF but I still need to price aluminum. The wood walls are only 4x7. The question is, how well does PMF handle holes and how do I seal around bolts and brackets? Will RV sealant work? More paint? I do plan on mounting windows through it too. I pick them up today!Image

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The Perpetual Tinkerer... The Goal: To keep Idle hands Busy, the Mind active, and the Muscles stretched...

Current Build: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69709

Owner of a 66 Beeline, a 65 COX, and a 66 Apache and soon to be Micro Outdoorsman
OCBINVA
Teardrop Builder

Re: Another PMF Question

Postby HarleyCamper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm

I'm about at the stage of wall penetration sealing. I'll be using butyl tape under the vent and door flanges. If I were to have, say, a carriage bolt through the wall, I'd use RV sealant (paintable and UV resistant) and paint it. I'm not sure if that is the "right" way, but that's the way I'd do it if I didn't get any advise otherwise.
HarleyCamper
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Skinning secrets