Hello from Nevada.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Nevada.

Postby Tophog » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 am

New guy from So. Nevada. Located between Death Valley and Sin City. Into 4 wheeling, guns . . . and now teardrops!

Retired custom painter / airbrush artist / pinstriper.

Just acquired a home built, which needs a lot of help, but has potential. I'll start a 'rebuild' thread soon.

Until then, thanks for the welcome!

Bob
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Re: Hello from Nevada.

Postby Bill n Robi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Welcome. There is a nice gathering in Pahrump every year.

Bill ad Robi
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Tophog » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Bill n Robi wrote:Welcome. There is a nice gathering in Pahrump every year.

Bill ad Robi

I'm in Pahrump. Please tell me more. :)
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby KTM_Guy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 pm

We got bit by the DV bug last year on our first visit. I think we did about 700 mile in the park. And still haven't seen much. Building an offload-ish tear now to pull with the Jeep. We plan to spend a lot of time in your area in the coming years. I'm a gun guy too.

Looking forward to your rebuild.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby Bill n Robi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 am

Tophog wrote:
Bill n Robi wrote:Welcome. There is a nice gathering in Pahrump every year.

Bill and Robi

I'm in Pahrump. Please tell me more. :)

It's at the Wine Ridge RV Park, the date just before Thanksgiving. They announce it in early May each year. You need to sign up at Tearjerkers, lots of activities in Arizona and Nevada. Link at the top, under the "TD Friendly Websites". I am not sure they are doing the "Twain and Tears" in Unionville this year.

As a side note, we will be camping in Pahrump in a few weeks. Getting a new manufactured home and having it setup in Bishop, need to finish the design and options with the dealer. Still looking for places to camp for the night.

Bill and Robi
2015 T@G Max
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Tophog » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:31 am

KTM_Guy wrote:We got bit by the DV bug last year on our first visit. I think we did about 700 mile in the park. And still haven't seen much. Building an offload-ish tear now to pull with the Jeep. We plan to spend a lot of time in your area in the coming years. I'm a gun guy too.

Looking forward to your rebuild.

Todd

The TD I just got was listed on Phoenix Craigslist, but it was actually in Payson. Pretty country, but I'm a desert rat.

It's an off-road TD, with 30x10.50 AT tires on Jeep pattern rims.

-

D.V. has many wonders, but so does AZ. I just got into Jeeps about 3 years ago, so I have a lot of landscape to catch up on. My 4x4 GMC Sierra was limited on where I could go. Too many narrow trails and canyons left unexplored.

I'm less than an hour from Death Valley! :D

Bob
Last edited by Tophog on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby Tophog » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:39 am

Bill n Robi wrote:As a side note, we will be camping in Pahrump in a few weeks. Getting a new manufactured home and having it setup in Bishop, need to finish the design and options with the dealer. Still looking for places to camp for the night.

Bill and Robi

What kind of camping are you looking for ? Maybe I can offer suggestions.

-

I'm from L.A. originally, then Ridgecrest, and now Pahrump. Almost moved to Bishop in the '90s, but business plans changed. Plus I'm not a big fan of cold weather.

Bob
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby Bill n Robi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Tophog wrote:
Bill n Robi wrote:As a side note, we will be camping in Pahrump in a few weeks. Getting a new manufactured home and having it setup in Bishop, need to finish the design and options with the dealer. Still looking for places to camp for the night.

Bill and Robi

What kind of camping are you looking for ? Maybe I can offer suggestions.

-

I'm from L.A. originally, then Ridgecrest, and now Pahrump. Almost moved to Bishop in the '90s, but business plans changed. Plus I'm not a big fan of cold weather.

Bob

Teardrop? Have a generator and solar so anywhere is ok but will have to leave it for the day while we do things so mostly looking for a secure area.

BnR
2015 T@G Max
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Tophog » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:35 am

Bill n Robi wrote:
Teardrop? Have a generator and solar so anywhere is ok but will have to leave it for the day while we do things so mostly looking for a secure area.

BnR

One night, a week, a month?

We have a few RV parks here with daily space rent. The Winery you mentioned is about the best.

https://wineridgervresort.com/

A friend stayed there a month ago. His only complaint was the spotty Wi-Fi.

-

Or if you're in for a day or two, and just need a place to park, I have room on my property, with water and 110 hookup, RV dump.

No charge. (But the Wi-Fi here REALLY sucks!) :(

Regards, Bob
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby bc toys » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:28 am

Top welcome to the group I belong to the group of las vegas tiny trailers and Dutch Ovens we camp at the winery and all over the valley area we go over to gold point and Az some go to Cali some there is big gathering on the last weekend of Dec in Parker Az at the buck skin state park it is a great gathering but Im like you I would just as soon go out in the desert and park I really like the Wheeler pass area from your side of the Mt. look up Las Vegas Dutch Oven Enthusiasts hope to see you out on the trail some time
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tophog » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:57 am

bc toys wrote:Top welcome to the group I belong to the group of las vegas tiny trailers and Dutch Ovens we camp at the winery and all over the valley area we go over to gold point and Az some go to Cali some there is big gathering on the last weekend of Dec in Parker Az at the buck skin state park it is a great gathering but Im like you I would just as soon go out in the desert and park I really like the Wheeler pass area from your side of the Mt. look up Las Vegas Dutch Oven Enthusiasts hope to see you out on the trail some time

Will do. We realized we needed something after we went to Dumont Dunes for President's Day. We had to home the same day just to go back the next.

Saw a Jeep pulling a new TD there. Definitely out of our price range, so we decided to do it on the cheap!

And places like Wheeler were also in our minds.

Too bad we didn't have one for the chili cook off at Gold Point. Slept in one of the drafty cabins.

Bob
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby Bill n Robi » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Tophog wrote:
Bill n Robi wrote:

BnR

One night, a week, a month?

We have a few RV parks here with daily space rent. The Winery you mentioned is about the best.

https://wineridgervresort.com/

A friend stayed there a month ago. His only complaint was the spotty Wi-Fi.

-

Or if you're in for a day or two, and just need a place to park, I have room on my property, with water and 110 hookup, RV dump.

No charge. (But the Wi-Fi here REALLY sucks!) :(

Regards, Bob

Probably only one night. Just need a secure place since we will be out all day at the dealer. Will head back to Joshua Tree/Gold Crown/Old Dale for a few days before heading home.

Any good ammo stores nearby? Getting really low on 32acp for the wife's plinker might as well commit a felony by importing ammo into kommiefornia while we out and about.

BnR
2015 T@G Max
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Tophog » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Bill n Robi wrote:
Tophog wrote:Probably only one night. Just need a secure place since we will be out all day at the dealer. Will head back to Joshua Tree/Gold Crown/Old Dale for a few days before heading home.

Any good ammo stores nearby? Getting really low on 32acp for the wife's plinker might as well commit a felony by importing ammo into kommiefornia while we out and about.

BnR

Ammo Supply Warehouse.

Cheapest almost anywhere. They are online. Located about 4 miles from 'downtown'. Not a storefront, but you can do a will call. No ID or any BS involved.
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby Bill n Robi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:13 am

Thank you.... My brand and 1/2 price.
I'll figure out a present for ya...

Bill
2015 T@G Max
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Tophog » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:33 pm

If there's any hassle I can always pick it up for you. I used to do that for people coming from out of town to attend Front Sight. A lot easier than having to bring their ammo with them on a plane.

ASW is only a couple miles from my place.
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves