pre-made countertop, sink, and faucet assembly @ IKEA

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

pre-made countertop, sink, and faucet assembly @ IKEA

Postby working on it » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:22 am

• While searching for a mini-fridge to use in my day room/office/doghouse (I'm retired, and our five dogs are always with me, back in the "doghouse"), I found a mini-kitchen assembly from IKEA. The assembly was designed for tiny houses, but would work great for some teardrops, especially squareback variants like mine (with a 48" high x 46.5" wide x 22" deep rear galley area >>>though mine is filled with generator, fuel tank, A/C ducting, Aquatainer, Coleman gear, and cooler, leaving no room for actual food prep!<<<), or for Cargo Conversions. It is easily moved, or assembled/disassembled, and could even be taken out of a trailer and placed outside when camping. If I had seen this 6.5 years ago, while building my TTT, then I would've incorporated it into my build, instead of using the galley space for other things.
  • SUNNERSTA mini-kitchen @ IKEA.JPG
    SUNNERSTA mini-kitchen @ IKEA.JPG (205.71 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
    https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59139689/
  • The SUNNERSTA unit, priced at only $129, sounds perfect to quickly install in a trailer. I'd pay that amount, just for the stainless countertop alone, but a sink & faucet, and complete frame to hold it all together, are also included in that price. Sounds like a great deal to me. Since I'm going to go to IKEA to look at their mini-fridge, I'll take a look at the SUNNERSTA in person, though I'll probably never re-build my TTT (or ever build another, unfortunately), and report back on how sturdy it looks. If it's as well-built as the steel-framed sofas I bought there are, then it will be strong (I also recommend their office chairs, desks, tables, and LED lighting - I have several types, all great-).
  • Here's my "galley", which could've housed the mini-kitchen from Ikea, if I had found it at that time, in 2011-2012, before I eliminated the possibility of actually cooking back there.......
  • 86954 a tall vertical space, ideal for a pre-made mini-kitchen
  • 96778 first addition, a generator, not a normal kitchen accessory
  • 105189 the first version of my TTT, in 2013; food prep is not possible in this space
  • 125895 as it is now, crammed with too much, but at least the Coleman stove is still stored in the "galley"
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: pre-made countertop, sink, and faucet assembly @ IKEA

Postby John61CT » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:42 pm

I wouldn't rely on the flimsy tubing alone jostling along down the road, in which case I'd probably only make use of the horizontal bench+sink
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ACK » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:14 pm

John61CT wrote:I wouldn't rely on the flimsy tubing alone jostling along down the road, in which case I'd probably only make use of the horizontal bench+sink

I bought one of these for a bedroom that I'm converting to an in-law suite. The tubing is probably OK but the joints would fall apart in a hurry. Unless you build a frame around the whole thing (which kind of defeats the purpose) you're better off just using the top and sink.
It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
B. Springsteen 1977
ACK
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I fall in the camp that believes a sink (plus the plumbing and gray water tank) in a teardrop galley is a waste of precious space.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby clamlamp » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:54 pm

tony.latham wrote:I fall in the camp that believes a sink (plus the plumbing and gray water tank) in a teardrop galley is a waste of precious space.

Tony
I agree with you Tony

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
clamlamp
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 am

You can always hang the sink outboard !

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club