Adding Reflexit Jacket to the Refrigerator

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Adding Reflexit Jacket to the Refrigerator

Postby Cosmo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:24 pm

After seeing a post/photo on this group where the poster added a Reflexit overcoat to their refrigerator, I copied the idea.

https://youtu.be/J359xOgRn-8

When I was using a cooler Reflexit worked well on the cooler too (extending ice life and providing lots of conversations with other campers).

It seems to be working at better radiant heat insulation, but I have not taken measurements yet and can’t provide data. The fridge skin is definitely cooler when the sun is hitting it (before Reflexit it was getting rather warm in the sun). Of course I try and keep it out of the sun where possible.

I cant remember who posted it originally – but Thank You. Maybe you can repost the photo so others can see a better example!

=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Re: Adding Reflexit Jacket to the Refrigerator

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:25 pm

Primary function is to block sun, but tests show it is about 25% improvement in blocking temperature transfer.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 am

Yup, any little bit of protection helps. I bought the travel cover (on sale) for my Dometic CFX-50W, and am happy with it. Its basically the same thing as the Reflectix, but much more durable.

Cosmo, we ever going to see you at a PA gathering? Would love to check out the Vestibule! Come join us at Codorus State Park in July!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby Cosmo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks SC - good photos
Zach I tried and liked the Dometic jacket. My fridge compartment was such a tight fit I could not make it fit - sides were OK but top was too tight (I could not fit in the cooler in the compartment). It is a good jacket and has the Reflectix built in. But I had to settle for the above solution.

Happy Camping!
=Cosmo
Last edited by Cosmo on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Socal Tom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 am

Cosmo wrote:Thanks SC - good photos
Zach I tried and liked the Dometic jacket. My fridge compartment was such a tight fit I could not make it fit - sides were OK but top was too tight. It is a good jacket and has the Reflectix built in. But I had to settle for the above solution.

Happy Camping!
=Cosmo

I did the same thing. The reflexit stuff is great for keeping the heat off of stuff. My TD is dark green, on sunny days I roll some out on the roof. The temp goes from too hot to touch, down to air temp.
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby GuitarPhotog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:39 am

Socal Tom wrote:I did the same thing. The reflexit stuff is great for keeping the heat off of stuff. My TD is dark green, on sunny days I roll some out on the roof. The temp goes from too hot to touch, down to air temp.

There's an idea! My teardrop is root beer brown (not my choice, previous owner) and rolling out a piece to cover the roof sounds like it would help a lot.

Thanks

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Tomterrific » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Paint the roof white. Bright white paint seems to work as well or better than insulation for keeping the sun off my trailer.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Return to General Discussion