Little Guy Concentrating On Large Units & mypod

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Little Guy Concentrating On Large Units & mypod

Postby Cathy P. » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:45 pm

I was surprised to learn, hopefully I didn't just miss it here, that Little Guy is now concentrating on their Max and Mini Max (which isn't mini in my mind) and the mypod at this time, and they aren't sure whether or not they will be producing the others like the Silver Shadow, and the "normal" teardrops they manufactured for so long. Maybe all the "mom and pop" teardrop and mini trailers are putting them out of business? Personally, I don't like the size/looks of the Max and Mini Max, not that it would matter with the price tags they carry.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: Little Guy Concentrating On Large Units & mypod

Postby Bill n Robi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Supposedly Little Guys are redoing the SS in a lighter configuration and is still making several of the other classics. I would think after moving from Pleasant Valley's manufacturing facility they need to retool. Little guy/Pleasant Valley/NuCamp is coming out with their version also from the news I've read.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby crttaz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:46 pm

myPod is on my list as the smallest/lightest that fits my needs.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Cathy P. » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 am

There was discussion on the owner's forum that lead me to believe there was an "IF" involved when it came to the smaller units. I was shocked to see them no longer on the company website.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby Aguyfromohio » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 am

When you think about RV manufacturers, most of them have moved always upwards on the price curve, offering bigger and bigger models at higher and higher prices.
I suppose the profit margins are too tempting once you establish a good reputation and realize you can actually sell the things.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Postby UrbanRunner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Cathy P. wrote:There was discussion on the owner's forum that lead me to believe there was an "IF" involved when it came to the smaller units. I was shocked to see them no longer on the company website.

What's an "IF"?

Wife and I had been really tempted by the Silver Shadow prior to its disappearance... :(
UrbanRunner
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:32 am

Let’s hope they don’t resort to building the standard garbage the Big RV manufacturers build … :R
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Cosmo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:23 am

Maybe they will change their name to "Big Guy"!

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Cathy P. » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:03 pm

"IF", as in just maybe, but I got the impression it was most likely "not" when it comes to building the other units. They have flooded the market with their "copy" of the R-Pod, a regular and a larger version. Many of the manufacturers have jumped on the R-Pod clones and dumped a lot of units on the market. The thing is that the weight on these once loaded can easily be 3,000+, yet they are quite small compared to the standard build with the framing and aluminum siding. Should be interesting to see where this goes. The plus side is that more and more home-type businesses are springing up offering teardrops and mini trailers that offer basic starter units to loaded down with everything one can hang on them and/or afford!
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion