New member from Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New member from Texas

Postby swtx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Hello! I'm a brand-new member in southwestern Texas, where I really can see Mexico from my house. I have a factory-built 2015 SignaTour Tote 4 "tearbox" that I bought new. (The company was at Tampa and is apparently out of business.) Its body is 4' wide, 8' long, and 4' high. I fixed it up inside like I wanted it, and I've gotten excellent use out of it. I tow it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so there's no problem with that! I'm single, so there's enough room to sleep, but I do have fond memories of standing up. That's why I now have the bug for something a little larger. After looking at products on the market and failing to find anything that fits my needs, I've realized that I need a small cargo trailer that I can convert into an RV. I'm not far into the planning, but I think I want a WEEROLL Silver Cloud. It's an all-aluminum blank-slate cargo trailer intended for travel-trailer conversion. The standard body size is 6' wide, 10' long, and 5½' high. They're built-to-order, so I'd get it built to 6' high internally. I want to build a nice interior, equipped with twin-size bed, portable toilet, shower, microwave, RV-park electricity and water hook-ups, etc. If anyone has any thoughts or perspectives on any of this, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
swtx
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New member from Texas

Postby mary and bob » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:44 am

Looks like you are in Texas, so drive over to Rice and buy a Casita. We have a vintage teardrop that is 4' wide, then bought a Uhaul fiberglass camper that is 13' overall length, then added a Casita 17 fiberglass camper to our collection. The Casita has everything you want.
mary and bob
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves