6x10 Cargo Mate Challenger

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6x10 Cargo Mate Challenger

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Took a week a few days off. Picked up the foam for the settee. My better half is dragging me to the fabric store tonight (even thought I said I didn't car) to get cover material.

First wife aboard camp trip next week.
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Added the ARB awning. Cut the foam for the settee.

Headed out tonight for a couple of days of camping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby kirkupnorth » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:14 am

dirtsailor2003 wrote:Took a week a few days off. Picked up the foam for the settee. My better half is dragging me to the fabric store tonight (even thought I said I didn't car) to get cover material.

I, (Mrs. kirkupnorth), also dragged my hubby to the fabric store to help choose fabric for the cushions/mattresses in the camper. Why do men hate fabric stores so much??

Your settee foam turned out really nice. What did you use to cut it? We'll be tackling that in the next couple of days.

When your wife gets the cushions covered, be sure to post a picture. I for one can't wait to see the fabric she chose! 8)
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:57 pm

kirkupnorth wrote:
dirtsailor2003 wrote:Took a week a few days off. Picked up the foam for the settee. My better half is dragging me to the fabric store tonight (even thought I said I didn't car) to get cover material.

I, (Mrs. kirkupnorth), also dragged my hubby to the fabric store to help choose fabric for the cushions/mattresses in the camper. Why do men hate fabric stores so much??

Your settee foam turned out really nice. What did you use to cut it? We'll be tackling that in the next couple of days.

When your wife gets the cushions covered, be sure to post a picture. I for one can't wait to see the fabric she chose! 8)

I used a $15 dollar electric meat slicer. Works great.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Made our first trip. Wife is sold! We went out into the woods and parked next to a creek. Had two wonderful, stress free nights! Would’ve stayed longer but we both have work obligations.

Trailer performed as planned. Arb awning is awesome. Beds are comfortable.

Drove 6 miles of dirt with no issues. My dad taught me long ago to seal vents with duct tape when driving dirt. So I did and I’m glad I did. When I peaked off the tape there was a ton of dust stuck to parts exposed to the vent openings.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby hankaye » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 pm

dirtsailor2003, Howdy;

Great pix!! One reason I had the manufacturer not install the vents during the build.
The other would be tiny flying critters and the climbing critters when it's sitting still.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby hankaye » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Mrs. kirkupnorth, Howdy;

Before I get into the main reason for this post Electric carving Knife the Best EVER
tool for slicing foam ... HANDS DOWN :thumbsup: , :thumbsup: !

Ok, below I am just expressing MY opinion no one else's.

kirkupnorth wrote:

We men don't mind the company, it's just that it isn't that important to us as it apparently is to y'all.
Example; ex-wife #2 & 4 , was a quilter (of sorts), and asked me what I'd like for a covering material
for a quilt she was intending to make for me while I was driving over the road. My reply upset her
enough that she never made the quilt and refused to cook a meal for me for 6 months ( a favorite of
hers). Why one may ask, well I asked that it be covered with Blue and white "Ticking" like that used
for old time pillow covers. Now I like the material as it's tough, wears extremely well, requires nothing
fancy for the times it needs laundering and I could lay on it when it was warmer and not worry about
snagging anything on it. She was of a mind for something lightweight and "pretty". Most men think in
'practical' terms and not the aesthetics. Kinda the "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" thing
more folks should read that.

With the utmost respect for all of you women and your patience and tolerating us men and all our foibles.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby kirkupnorth » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:49 pm

hankaye wrote:Mrs. kirkupnorth, Howdy;

Before I get into the main reason for this post Electric carving Knife the Best EVER
tool for slicing foam ... HANDS DOWN :thumbsup: , :thumbsup: !

Ok, below I am just expressing MY opinion no one else's.

kirkupnorth wrote:

We men don't mind the company, it's just that it isn't that important to us as it apparently is to y'all.
Example; ex-wife #2 & 4 , was a quilter (of sorts), and asked me what I'd like for a covering material
for a quilt she was intending to make for me while I was driving over the road. My reply upset her
enough that she never made the quilt and refused to cook a meal for me for 6 months ( a favorite of
hers). Why one may ask, well I asked that it be covered with Blue and white "Ticking" like that used
for old time pillow covers. Now I like the material as it's tough, wears extremely well, requires nothing
fancy for the times it needs laundering and I could lay on it when it was warmer and not worry about
snagging anything on it. She was of a mind for something lightweight and "pretty". Most men think in
'practical' terms and not the aesthetics. Kinda the "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" thing
more folks should read that.

With the utmost respect for all of you women and your patience and tolerating us men and all our foibles.

hank

Hey, Hankaye-

I totally get what you're saying! I actually felt kind of guilty when I condemned all men as fabric store haters. :oops:

Even though I'm from Venus, I gotta say......I LOVE blue ticking fabric! :D
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Postby Iconfabul8 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Anyone else have to google "Blue ticking fabric" Haha! I didn't know that is what it was called, but my childhood was full of this stuff. Pillows, mattresses...
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 am

Added some light to the exterior. I used Scott’s indoor/outdoor mega strong Velcro. This stuff is crazy steph have used it before and the adhesive back will not peel off even in hot sun.

These are Hampton bay solar step lights. They won’t give off a ton of light, but enough to see around the trailer at night. Nice feature that most solar lights don’t have is these have an off switch. When switched on they only come on when it is dark out.

When traveling or in storage we can shut them off. I will have them inside the trailer when traveling down the road. We will put Velcro inside too so if we want we can use these inside also.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:32 am

Oh yeah the 4 pack of lights was marked $19.99. At the register they rang up at $9.99!

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:26 pm

We went fabric shopping...

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:58 am

Installed some carpet. It’s just laying there not glued or attached. That way I can pull it up easily if needed.

It’s indoor outdoor carpet. Cost was just under $40 for the 6x10 piece.

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby onehoser » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 am

i too put a strap across the folding legs of my bunks except that i put mine at the top of the legs, it still keeps the legs in line and it keeps the floor clear for storage and i don't hit my heels on it when sitting. it also acts as a stop to keep the legs from going too far the other way
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (105.68 KiB) Viewed 4686 times
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby featherliteCT1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Great idea to position the straps near the top of the legs to act as a stop … nice!. :thumbsup:
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions