Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Beginner looking for advise

Postby pchast » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Congratulations. :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby firemansd19 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 pm

I haven’t posted in a while, but still building. Here is a few pics of an early summer time dive trip in Tx. Everything worked great, girls had a blast, and the AC kept us COOL!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby firemansd19 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Got a portable cascade to allow me to fill SCUBA tanks in rural locations.

ImageImage
ImageImage

firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby firemansd19 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:02 pm

This weeks project!!!! Make my tailgate into a patio.

This was my inspiration for my legs.
IMG_1381.JPG
IMG_1381.JPG (139.79 KiB) Viewed 4696 times

ImageImage

Painted

Installed

firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby flboy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Nice SCUBA Tank fill setup. I have never filled my own tanks.. I always have the dive shop do it. Where do you go diving where you need to fill remotely? I thought mostly people who lived on boats and etc. did that? Do you mix Nitrox as well or just the straight 21% stuff. :-)

I dive when I can (all recreational). It is one of my favorites close to dirt bike riding and camping in my CTC. I have not been in about 8 months, but I have a trip planned to the Philippines in early November to dive the reefs off of Puerto Gallera (South of the Main island with Manila) . I dive mostly the lower east coast of Florida, Keys, Bahamas, and the Caribbean in general, so I am looking forward to some different underwater scenery. Got a few night dives planned and those are always exciting. Not a lot of pelagic creatures, but supposedly some of the most diverse reefs around.

Trailer setup looks great. Glad to see you out enjoying it!

This is a pic I had on my thread. This is the Anthony Bell (tug boat) sunk off the coast of Nassau Bahamas as I approached (a few years ago)., .

One of my favorites... My oldest daughter and I. She is the only child of mine who dives. We got certified together about 7 or 8 years ago. Something we always wanted to do. Was on my bucket list for years.

Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Beginner looking for advise

Postby firemansd19 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:19 pm

First off I Love the fins!!!!! I have the exact same pair. We dive in a few different places, some remote and some the air fills are rather expensive. Very seldom do I fill at a dive shop, I am fortunate to have a compressor I can use. Next week we are going to Greers Ferry Ark to dive and spear fish. My buddy is also a dive instructor so there is times it’s nice to have air on location with doin a class. He is currently building the same air set up I have. So on this trip there should be no shortage of air. We also do dive Nitrox, we mix it our self. There is a 5th bottle in my buddies trailer of O2 for mixing.

I love the clear water, only had the chance so far to dive in Roatan last year on a cruise. Goin to the Bahamas next year, hope to make a dive there.

This trailer project has turned into a never ending project, but I am enjoying making it like I want.

firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby flboy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Firemansd19... Very nice on the air. That makes sense. Great setup. I have dove Roatan a few times on the other side of the island from where the cruise terminals are. Love that wall.. seen a few nice Manta's there before. Cruise ships are nice for diving on the excursions. I have done many. You get to experience new places to dive, and in my case, my wife enjoys the cruise and shopping while I am off diving. Always a win/win!

Enjoy your diving and be safe!

The trailers are a never ending project, but in a great way! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby firemansd19 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:40 am

Haven’t posted in a while. My build is goin a lot slower than most of yalls. This has turn into a use and improve project. So it will be never ending.

Here are some of my “good use” pics and the little progress I have made.

Arkansas Quarry dive.

Greer’s Ferry, Arkansas dive trip.

Toledo Bend Underwater Pumpkin carving contest.

Dive trip aftermaths!!!!!

First Dive trip of 2019

Most recent upgrades!!!!
Water pump upgrade

Quite generator upgrade

ImageImage
Framing up the cabinet to get it complete. Center door and panel under the sink are in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby flboy » Wed May 08, 2019 9:58 am

Nice pics... You spear fishing there? Never heard of that in fresh water... but why not? How good is the visibility in a quarry like that?

I was over in the Philippines diving for a week in November last year. I got in 20 dives with quite a few being night dives. Such fun and some wildlife I don't see in the Caribbean! I am headed to the Grand Cayman's for a week of diving in September. I really enjoy that sport/hobby as well along with all the others. I have way too many interests! :-)

I think your trailer looks great for how you use it! Looks like you are making progress and it is functional! Good luck!
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby firemansd19 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 am

The quarry dive was just an adventure dive. It was in private property and the property owner said no one has ever done in it and they didn’t know what was down there. About 6 of us ventured around it and didn’t find anything worth mentioning. But it was a beautiful place.

firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby firemansd19 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:06 am

Time for an upgrade. My first AC was over 10 y/o. It was a drag in my new generator so I decided to update it. I acquired a newer unit which was smaller. So I ripped out my old “wood” stuff and replaced it with aluminum.

Out with the old!!!!!

In with the new!!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

I’m not done with this project. I’m gonna paint everything to blend in and get a few “brush” style door sweeps to close the gap between the aluminum and the AC.

firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby firemansd19 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Got everything painted and installed. This new AC works much better than the last. I still have a lot of work todo to get it “finished”!!!!! Honestly don’t think it will ever be complete.

firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hankaye » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:23 am

firemansd19, Howdy;

Great looking install, that 'squirrel' cage fan should really move the cooler air around
for ya.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby skooter69 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 am

Fireman,

Curious if you ever considered putting the air conditioning unit permanently inside? I have a similar setup and mounted it inside with a large vent out the back for exhaust and a tube through the floor to feed the intake vents on top/sides of unit. Exhaust and side intakes are sealed off separately from the front face so ambient room air is drawn through the front vents.

skooter69
Teardrop Inspector

Postby firemansd19 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:27 pm

hankaye wrote:firemansd19, Howdy;

Great looking install, that 'squirrel' cage fan should really move the cooler air around
for ya.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hank

It makes a world of difference. I found this little jewel digging through my shed a few months ago. Thought to my self I just hit the jackpot. I plan on building some kind of enclosure for it soon. If you grab it wrong it will “BITE” you.

firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions