Mattress

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Mattress

Postby toconnor602 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:08 am

I went with a firm mattress from foam factory and love it. I have some of by best nights of sleep in my camper.
toconnor602
Teardrop Advisor

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:37 am

I ordered this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00W67 ... UTF8&psc=1

I'll let you know how it turns out. I figure I can easily cut the folds at the sections if I want to reconfigure it from default.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Postby Carl01234 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Im leaning toward this one. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Price-Mattr ... l_huc_item

We both like firmer mattress, Trying to decide if we need the 2 or 3 inches of memory foam.
2nd Build 5x10 Benroy Complete! viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70427
Carl01234
Teardrop Master

Postby FlyBye » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:39 pm

I'm glad I found this thread... because my wife and I are about ready to order our foam mattresses for our Cargo Trailer Camper and it's nice to see what others are using. We both are looking for a firm mattress. One problem I've found is that most "firm" mattress' I see labeled "firm" are far from firm to me. We will probably have to order one online and just hope the description match the product. Oh, and I did check out the "Foam Factory" that several mentioned... Thanks!
FlyBye's 7x16 Cargo Camper Build
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69287
FlyBye
Teardrop Master

Postby Ottsville » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:39 am

We have two of these Zinus foamhttps://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Ultima-Comfort-Memory-Mattress/dp/B006L9U4PK/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1530875169&sr=1-7&keywords=zinus+memory+foam+mattress that we put in our last camper and now they are in our house. They are very comfortable and as good as the standard mattresses we had in our house. If you buy online, buy from a place with a guarantee so that you can send it back if it is not comfortable. Words like "firm" and "soft" are all subjective.
Ottsville
The 300 Club

Postby working on it » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 am

FlyBye wrote:I'm glad I found this thread... because my wife and I are about ready to order our foam mattresses for our Cargo Trailer Camper and it's nice to see what others are using. We both are looking for a firm mattress. One problem I've found is that most "firm" mattress' I see labeled "firm" are far from firm to me. We will probably have to order one online and just hope the description match the product. Oh, and I did check out the "Foam Factory" that several mentioned... Thanks!
  • In my previous post, I stated that I had previously used firm Ikea mattresses. They were actually listed as firm, but not as firm as our mattress at home ($1500+ vs. $79 Ikea). But when I changed to using a 1/4-folding mattress from Amazon, also listed as firm, it actually was the firmest one yet, that I'd used, as firm as my custom mattress at home.
  • I've had two other folding mattresses (including one I slept on for a year, during one start-over life experience!), and this one is the best, firmest, yet most inexpensive. And it looks to be the best constructed, too. If you're interested in a folding mattress, try this one, and if not used in your trailer, it'll make a good guest bed. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-Portable-Mattress/dp/B01INZBCZ0/ref=sr_1_3?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1530884620&sr=1-3&keywords=best+choice
  • Best Choice folder.JPG
    Best Choice folder.JPG (120.28 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
    I got the twin, to use with sleeping bags; it's firm, it folds, and the cover is water-resistant, a plus
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby KTM_Guy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

FlyBye wrote:I'm glad I found this thread... because my wife and I are about ready to order our foam mattresses for our Cargo Trailer Camper and it's nice to see what others are using. We both are looking for a firm mattress. One problem I've found is that most "firm" mattress' I see labeled "firm" are far from firm to me. We will probably have to order one online and just hope the description match the product. Oh, and I did check out the "Foam Factory" that several mentioned... Thanks!

If I could buy a sleep number bed in a Full XL that is what I would put in my tear. We have them at home and my number is between 90 and 100, my wife is at 40ish. I hope we can find something we both like.

I hear one of the problems with returning a foam bed is they come in a small vacuumed pack bag in a box. If you have to return it you'll never get in the box again, you have to find a bigger box and some reviews on Amazon said they had to pay return shipping. Something to keep in mind.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby tony.latham » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Keep in mind, you have to get the mattress through the door.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby coyote » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:52 am

:lol: :thumbsup:
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 am

tony.latham wrote:Keep in mind, you have to get the mattress through the door.

Tony

Yeah, I keep looking at the box and thinking 'oooh I really want to open it up now and try it out' and then I'm like 'oh.. it'll be a pain to get in if I do it now..' So flipping between these two over the last week.. I think i'll just flip a coin.

Worst case scenario I can buy another one - my mattress at home is probably older than I am, and you can poke your finger through the side with little effort, so probably should replace it. I've broken in the perfect 'rut' in it though.. so hard for me to give it up :/
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:36 pm

But we do like our memory topper... :thumbsup: It's a dream machine for sure.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 am

Thought I'd follow-up on the folding milliard mattress I mentioned from amazon. I opened it up, and spent a night on it. I slept like a chunk of granite. woke up in the morning a full 2 hours after I usually would. I'm around 250lbs and I only sunk in by about 2 inches so you'll get no complaints from me. the Smell was pretty much undetectable on the second day it sat airing out.

It is, however, about .5 inches longer than the area I want to stick it in inside my trailer.. but I think i'm just going to try and wedge it in there anyhow. don't think it will be much of an issue.

Great value for the price, but we'll have to see how long it lasts. heavily considering getting the non-folding type for home now. at that price it is hard to beat. maybe wait for boxing day or black friday.
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Postby Ted+Teresa » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:33 am

NorthEGPhoto wrote:Thought I'd follow-up on the folding milliard mattress I mentioned from amazon. I opened it up, and spent a night on it. I slept like a chunk of granite. woke up in the morning a full 2 hours after I usually would. I'm around 250lbs and I only sunk in by about 2 inches so you'll get no complaints from me. the Smell was pretty much undetectable on the second day it sat airing out.

It is, however, about .5 inches longer than the area I want to stick it in inside my trailer.. but I think i'm just going to try and wedge it in there anyhow. don't think it will be much of an issue.

Great value for the price, but we'll have to see how long it lasts. heavily considering getting the non-folding type for home now. at that price it is hard to beat. maybe wait for boxing day or black friday.

Hello! I'm wondering if you (and anyone else) could give an update on this mattress. We're still very early in the planning stages, but being able to sleep comfortably is one of my biggest concerns. I have had a disc issue over the past 1.5 years, and I need a firm mattress. Dh also needs a firm mattress. We both rotate between sleeping on our backs and our sides. I've also read up on the mattresses from the Foam Factory. Both sound promising. I like the idea of being able to fold the mattress up occasionally, but I also want to be sure that those folding edges aren't uncomfortable.
Teresa
Ted+Teresa
Teardrop Inspector

Postby gudmund » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:20 pm

two years ago when I replaced my 4x8 trailer with the 5x8, I had found 2 'close out' RV bunk bed mattress's -30in wide/5in thick- "Denver Mattress" brand at Camping World for $80 each = the fit 'side by side' is good/snug, and are so much easier pulling in/out when needed though the side door. They are still working 'great', even with my 250lb weight - they were just a bit short in length (6in) which was taken care of with a 'foam filler' cut for me by a local mattress firm = free (tried to $$ them for it = but they wouldn't take it!!) The shorter length helps immensely with the making the bed being able to slide the mattresses forward/aft - than once the sheets are in place, I than install the filler which gets covered up with the pillows. Figured they could work temporally until I was able to afford a 'real' mattress, but being they have been working out so well = I now plan to keep using them until they wear out!!!!!............. :thumbsup:
gudmund
500 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion