Scotty (Coyote) and Raven (Staryder61)

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Scotty (Coyote) and Raven (Staryder61)

Postby 2bits » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Staryder61 wrote:That's good news about the stepside.. and able to get back to work on the Scotty..
So we'll see the Shasta at Dinosaur Valley when we meet there?
I'd never heard of a Play Mor, so googled it. And Oh yes, watch that back.... ;)

I honestly have no idea what I will be camping in September with! One of three anyway!

I got your joke with the PlayMor hehe but mine is not a "Trunk back" luckily, I am not a fan of those! Here it is:
Attachments
PlayMor.JPG
PlayMor.JPG (150.64 KiB) Viewed 4325 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:32 am

coyote wrote:Yes, cooler here. Hooked up once, but have yet to run the a.c. In fact, hunted a blanket for the last 3 nights. But, I have leak checked it almost daily! coyote

Where's the leak, or did you find it? Had a cab over camper years ago, leak started. Took forever to find it. Did though finally. Was top of the factory installed front window, some aluminum chips between the window rubber seal and skin.. when driving the water would be forced to another spot in the cabin and come in.. so made it difficult to find.. Hopefully yours will be easy to fix.. Does your TV pull it good? or are you using Nick's truck?
Enjoy, have fun, be safe, David
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:45 am

2bits wrote:
Staryder61 wrote:That's good news about the stepside.. and able to get back to work on the Scotty..
So we'll see the Shasta at Dinosaur Valley when we meet there?
I'd never heard of a Play Mor, so googled it. And Oh yes, watch that back.... ;)

I honestly have no idea what I will be camping in September with! One of three anyway!

I got your joke with the PlayMor hehe but mine is not a "Trunk back" luckily, I am not a fan of those! Here it is:

So Thomas, are you planning on taking PlayMor apart, all the way to the frame and rebuilding it? Then re-use the aluminum skin to recover it? If so, I hope you post a lot of pictures of the progress.. I'm really interested in seeing one being done..
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:32 am

Hi,

I think Dave was doing a leak check,not a leak fix.

My PlayMor is completely gutted to the frame and the wall framing is in perfect condition except for the top edges where it leaked, Unfortunately parts of the floor are bad too. My current plan is to remove the roof and replace all the framing using pocket holes and cut in just to where the good wood is, and then install a new roof with new material. Then work on the bottom and I am thinking I can lift the now solid body off of the frame to replace the floor. This I hope will save time from tearing down 100% even though it will be to 95% LOL but it will help me keep the sides and width consistent. As I get into it I may end up tearing the walls down completely or at least removing them as a section, who knows! I am planning on reusing the aluminum sides and also the lower front and rear sections so the only skin I will be replacing is the top as it is in very bad shape.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:29 pm

2bits wrote:Hi,

I think Dave was doing a leak check,not a leak fix.
I re-read that.. yep I miss read it the first time ;)

Sounds like you've got a plan on the PlayMor, hope it works out that way.
I so want to get this tear skinned this next week, it's been dragging out. Moved it to a friends larger shop, where I have a lot more room to work on it. And don't have to worry about the weather. So that will help..
Think I'll go ahead and get the trailer registered Monday or Tuesday as a utility. Or let's see, first of the month, before a holiday. Maybe should wait a week :thinking: :roll:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:40 pm

I am very lucky that I live in a small town and there is never a line and I am on a first name basis with the two folks that work at the title office. I hope it goes well and try to stay cool, it is really hot these past two days, I am tapped!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Staryder61 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 am

Staying cool is hard for sure, and will be hotter this coming week. Usually try and get an earlier start in the morning before it gets to hot when I can.
Our registration office is always swamped. Someone mentioned a better one in the next town over. More people working there and less of a wait. Think I'll try it this time. Have all the paperwork in order for the VIN number, title and registration. Then once I get it completed it shouldn't be as hard to get the title transferred over to a camper. :thinking:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:12 am

No, no leaks spotted, but plenty of opportunity here! Hey 2' bit's, I saved my "swoosh" cut outs, if you want, a little reshaping of the top, some swoosh wheel wells... :lol: coyote :thinking:
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:06 am

Hah! Well on the Play Mor I am following the saying that if it ain't broke... 8)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby coyote » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 am

I have also learned the other end of that saying... don't fix it, until it is broke. :thinking:
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 am

Ok Coyote, where you at this week? You must be putting some miles on that Scotty some where.
Aggravated a hip, sciatic nerve, some how this past weekend, so tens unit back out of the box. Getting older just keeps getting better and better.. :roll: ;)
If it helps, will get the hatch skinned next couple days..
Oh well, will keep pushing on.. as things let me.. need to get this campable, so we can take a vacation away from everything..
Then work on finishing all the other things when we get back and have the time
Looking so forward to Dinosaur Valley and a couple days at Mother Neff before..
Keep it rolling and be safe,
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby coyote » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:20 am

Just plug along, as ya can. (At last physical I told dr. "Just prescribe for what ever comes next, save me a trip back!") Some of that stuff can get done as ya go! After first 2 runs, I've been: installing screen door latch, complete new door skin, trimming foam bed, readjusting a.c., cleaning, make cabnit latch,installing badges, decals. You're past the hard stuff! Heading next to the "120th Annual Grape Festival" in Tonitown, Ark. Got a spot on Beaver lake (not to be confused with Beaver State Park, Okla.) Talking about turning South to "K River Campgrounds". That is in the Kiamichi Mt. area (as is Beaver state park) to check it out. It is almost an equal 150 miles from Dallas, O.K.C. or Tulsa. Might make a kool place for a run. Made it to Pa. and back. Gettysburg was fun. (NOTE: "Bike Week" would probably not be my 1st. choice, again!) 30,000, mostly poor Harley peeps. I say "poor" because, I think only a VERY FEW, could afford repairs on their worn exhaust systems :lol: But, it was a hoot! Also note: not many diabetics up there. With farming, farmer's markets, Hershey factory, mom & pop chocolate store's, potato chip pretzel factories....I think we all kill ourselves within a year! :lol: (I'm slowly dropping the 5 that I gained in 30 days there) You and 2 bit's are smokin' it! Ready to meet up. Sheesh, it's taken me 2 1/2 years to do what 2 bits has done in the last month! Dinosaur Valley, campfire, friends, good eats, cigar....whoo, ready to get with the camp family again! :) coyote
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:09 am

(At last physical I told dr. "Just prescribe for what ever comes next, save me a trip back!")

:lol: That would work.. fill the medicine cabinet up..
Well you've definitely been busy. Skinning and sealing is my priority right now. We want to go camping :vroom: End of the month should bring cooler weather, so would be a good time to have it campable.. and hit the road... ;)
Kiamichi Mt. area (as is Beaver state park) sounds really nice. just looked it all up.. :thumbsup: would be about 300 miles for us..
Not a bad trip some time in the future..
Yes 2bits is moving right along.. Thomas where are the pictures? I know you're reading this.. ;)
Well better half has appt first thing this morning, so get ready for that and then on to tear time..
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Check out my build thread on this site in the build journals section. If you haven't explored it yet, there are MANY builds there!

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70669
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks Thomas, I will check it out...
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to South Central