The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Good news for Laurie! :thumbsup:

Cool deal on the pipe! It was sunny this morning, but clouded over and there is a bit of mist in the air. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow and then rain all day Friday. 50 degrees tomorrow and then not supposed to hit even 50 for the next 10 days or so, maybe longer.

I was going to mow today (for last time), but due to all the rain yesterday, it is too wet. I did do trim work and will mow tomorrow afternoon hopefully.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:47 pm

We had sun and almost 60 degrees yesterday. :banana: Cooler today, but still warmish.. still pretty descent sun also. Tomorrow later we are to have rain.

We worked in the woods this morning... then did some errands after lunch. Groceries.. lumber.. and checking on my saw. I had the same yard guy as I had the other day.. he tried giving me super board vs the shiplap I ordered. I caught him and corrected him. Then I was given boards of different lengths.. and he didn't bother to check them. Occasionally a short one will get put in the wrong place. This time it was one just a little long...[ 6" so it should have been obvious] he didn't even seem aware. :roll:

My new little saw hasn't been running right.. I brought it in Monday.. and went to check on it today, and they hadn't even looked at it yet. :roll: :x I was pissed.. and they new I was pissed. I purchase a LOT from them..I have been a customer for years... I don't shop around or hound them for deals. This was a new [few months] saw that was not running right. I suspected it was running rich. He finally decided to have someone look at it then.. I waited.. it was a 15 - 20 minute fix.
A simple fix.. why not do it. If it was more serious and needed parts.. at least get those on order. I understand if I am just looking for regular service.. I get in their regular schedule and wait. If I wait until the first snow.. to get my snowblower serviced.... then I know [and deserve ] to wait a while.

I have that leaf blower that I was, going to purchase from them... and have been looking at a snowblower.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Rain and 45 degrees and windy! Feels pretty cold out there.

Putting off final mowing until Monday, I think. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:09 am

hmm I don't remember what else we did yesterday, but we did do trail work. oh.. Yeah we went and picked up more culvert material. They did have more full lengths.. and some other cut pieces.. they also had some other smaller stuff that had fittings installed. I can use some of that for weird projects. They also had a big roll of 2"ID stuff. [250 feet] We took most of what they had. They did also say they have about this much available each year. :o

It is the perfect time of year to rough out new trails, and I had another connector in mind. It was through an area that can be wet.. or an area with a lot of wet spots in it. We did find a nice line through. It worked out perfectly to make an alternate connection between a couple of trails. We got it roughed out pretty good.

We have snow and rain today.. we have 1" plus of snow on the ground this morning.. and then rain. It's more misty now.. but quite wet out. I do hope to get out for a little trail work. I would say our mowing is done for the year.. it is quite wet out, but I think everything was pretty good anyways.

I do need to start thinking about getting the snow tires on... and maybe get the tractor ready for winter.

I am hoping it's a while before we get snow that lasts.. and that thing freeze up first. Hmm typically I like it when it doesn't freeze.. for that helps it to melt faster come spring. :thinking: I would like some time on frozen ground to do more work in the woods.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm

We had more snow the night before last.. it did later turn to rain.. and most of it melted. Over night it cooled off. We had 20 degrees this morning.. and it was very very windy. We had pretty good sun, but it did not warm up more than a couple of degrees. :snow

Laurie has worked a few hours each day so far this week. She drove Monday.. and decided she really wasn't ready for that yet. She has another follow up appointment tomorrow. It's fairly early in the morning. So we will have to get up early.

Last night we took Angela out for dinner. It was her birthday, and Dave was still away. He was flying home yesterday so the three of us picked him up last night after dinner. The timing worked out perfect. We were done dinner and there earlier than he was due.. but he arrived about the time we did.

It was a rather small plane from Boston to Augusta.. there were only 3 passangers and the Pilot. The pilot asked Dave if he wanted to sit in the co-pilots seat. :o :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Alan Wood » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:34 am

Who let the campfire go out?
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 am

Alan Wood wrote:Who let the campfire go out?

I haven't had anyone to talk to.. :roll: I have been sitting here waiting for my T- shirt. :D

How are you doing?? 8)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Alan Wood » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:36 am

While I am doing ok my mother just got home from the hospital today!

Wonder what happened to Kerry?
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby PaulC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:56 am

[quote=Wonder what happened to Kerry?[/quote]

Me too :R
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am

Alan I hope your mother is ok.

Hey Paul! :R :lips:

Kerry is around.. just busy and / or feel all that talkative. He was "gone" for quite a while.. came back for a bit.. and then vanished again. He has occasionally posted on FB... or "liked" something I have posted.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby swissarmygirl » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:08 pm

Awfully quiet in here. Who broke it?
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Glenn did, it was all his fault :lol:

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Yes I broke it... woo hoo.. I want my T shirt.

Lisa.. if you were still here... I would keep writing... heck... maybe even if it was Paul.. :FNP :lips:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Greg M » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:18 am

Probably crashed one of his MANY bikes into it :lol:
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Fenlason » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:08 am

glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic