Newbie from NC

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from NC

Postby tearlurker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Hey Everyone,
I'm Patrick from Wilmington, NC. Long time Lurker, first time poster! I have to say I am really amazed at some of the TDs being created by you talented folks. If I can build something half as nice, I will consider it a success. I have been mulling it over and I think I am going to build a Wyoming Woody (with mods) on a NT 5x8 trailer. I want a glass epoxy roof and Monstaliner exterior walls. That may change of course, my wife is leaning toward the CLC kit which is also nice. It may come down to a coin toss. I do know I want insulation as it gets very sticky here especially during the summer months. One interesting thing about the CLC is it relies on foam inserts or something comparable for insulation. From my many hours of reading I understand this has been a hotly debated topic so I'm going to just pick a side and insulate whatever I build. :)

Looking forward to picking all of your brains - you guys are a bunch of smarty pants!
tearlurker
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from NC

Postby FM82 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Welcome! Wilmington, NC, I'm somewhat familiar with that town. Nice little area around there.

Looking forward to your build.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I have no idea what I'm doing.
FM82
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Newbie from NC

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. There are a great bunch of guys and gals here.

I am a fan of the Wyoming Woody. My build is based on it, I went a little longer, wider and taller. :lol: Basically built it around a full XL mattress. The interior cabinets and galley is the same just scaled to fit my size. I used Raptor liner over Monstaliner for a few reasons, It can be tinted any color. Even though the paint store gave me bad advice. I like the finer texture when sprayed at higher pressure. Monstaliner can be brushed on that's a plus. I have a neighbor who's brother has a shop for bed liner and is using more and more Raptor than Line-X. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Start a build thread when you get started.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves