The Geek's Lair

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The Geek's Lair

Postby KTM_Guy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:22 pm

GeekFisher wrote:
Atomic77 wrote:Me too. But the confined space and the limited/no air flow dictated it for me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'll probably try it first with the rectangle frame since that framing would still be useful with the fans added. Which size fans did you added?

PS im reading your build journal ATM !

It should be required reading for any teardrop/standy builder. I've been through it a few times, it's very inspiring. One of these days I hope to have time to learn to spray paint like he does.

Cabinets are looking good, I'm back at it and working on the galley cabinets too. My tongue box it determined to defeat me. :cry: And doing a good job of it.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby GeekFisher » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 am

KTM_Guy wrote:It should be required reading for any teardrop/standy builder. I've been through it a few times, it's very inspiring. One of these days I hope to have time to learn to spray paint like he does.

Cabinets are looking good, I'm back at it and working on the galley cabinets too. My tongue box it determined to defeat me. :cry: And doing a good job of it.

Todd

Went the easy way and bought a Plano box as a tongue box. Use these on my kayak trailer and they work great :)
I made tremendous progress last week and still have to wrap it up and upload pictures and Write Up my steps !
GeekFisher
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GeekFisher » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Ok so I made quite good progresses the last few weeks.

I am pretty much done with the galley except for 12V/110V installation. I did most of the cabin interior except the fender cover boxes and painting/varnishing and some trims/mouldings.

I've also done most of the 12v wiring and some of the 110v.

So, lets see some pictures:
Galley 110:
"TV" wallmount with 12v outlets, we also see the bunk entrance and mattress. Fits perfectly !
Dome vent opening done !
TV and beginning of the fender boxes which will be used as additionnal mini tables as well !
Bed side "night tables" with chargers. Driver's side will host 12v panel and 110v setup with battery charger
Cooler slider (add a door handle afterwards)
Shot from bunk bed interior with bunk's cabinet
We got the power !
GeekFisher
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GeekFisher » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:16 am

Roof insulated and plywood put on. 12v wiring done and tested.

I should complete the interior this week and will Wait for quotes for aluminum skin. Pics to come as I have to resize every single one of them prior to posting.
GeekFisher
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Build Journals