New In NH

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New In NH

Postby Steezus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:41 am

Greetings! I'm going to get one thing out of the way before I say anything else. I am not, by nature, a "glamper" or whatever term you may attach to it. I love ultralight backpacking and sleeping in my Hennessy Hammock.

So, why am I here? My fiancee has rheumatoid arthritis. She wants to experience the outdoors with me, but she can't sleep on the ground or in a hammock. She's also got a much lower threshold for home comforts than I do. So, I'm biting the bullet and have begun the research phase of building a teardrop. I was initially discouraged from taking the teardrop route, when I found out how much a they retail for. After a little thought, I decided, "I bet I could build one of these for way cheaper."

Turns out, most of the internet had that idea long before I did. I started my journey here. I read it over, and decided this was a viable project I could undertake. A link from that blog brought me to this forum. I'm here because I have MANY questions and concerns to address before I start. I will try to search older posts before I start new threads with all of my questions.
Steezus
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New In NH

Postby pchast » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Welcome. :D
There are many good people here
with information to help.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Re: New In NH

Postby drgrumpus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Hey, welcome to the best source for home-built teardrop info and help. I live in SW NH, and would be happy to meet and discuss building. I built my 5 X 10 five years ago because my wife was through with tenting and all the problems with that. You can build a very nice teardrop at 1/3-1/2 the cost of a commercial one.
Five cords of wood in, snow tires on, 5 X 8 NT frame on order. Gonna build a TD this winter.
drgrumpus
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves