Mordor v4.0 MAY 9th 2019 Golden Spike National Monument

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Re: Mordor v4.0 MAY 10th Golden Spike National Monument, Ut

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:
Wolfgang. Is the permit tied to a specific vehicle and/or person? Or can it be passed on. Wondering if you can't make it I could buy it and then we can use it.

It has my name on the pass, but I' pretty sure no one will really be checking very closely.
Pass is good for one car. Be it 2 or 10 people.
My work trip for work is scheduled for the last week in April and I should be back in SLC on May the 4th.
So all looks good to go right now. :) :twisted:
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:48 pm

Wolfgang92025 wrote:
Wolffarmer wrote:
Wolfgang. Is the permit tied to a specific vehicle and/or person? Or can it be passed on. Wondering if you can't make it I could buy it and then we can use it.

It has my name on the pass, but I' pretty sure no one will really be checking very closely.
Pass is good for one car. Be it 2 or 10 people.
My work trip for work is scheduled for the last week in April and I should be back in SLC on May the 4th.
So all looks good to go right now. :) :twisted:

Great, you bringing your trailer?
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:17 pm

I'm going to stop by the BLM field office for that part of the country and ask about the trail.
Short of them saying don't do it, yes I will take the trailer on another "out in the middle of nowhere" trail.
Still have not installed the running boards after they got beat up at Crater of the moon.
Guess I'll wait till after this trip...... :D
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby robfisher » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:42 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:
robfisher wrote:The bus is still available on craigslist. But at $8000 it's a bit beyond my means.

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/poca ... 13090.html

Tempting but I have bought a few vehicles since I last saw you and my sisters are about to shoot me. And I really am running out of parking space.

It would be a good vehicle for burning man and that platform would make quite a perch for speed week.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ghcoe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:Okay meet you in Snowville on the 9th. About 2 pm to give people coming from Western Idaho a bit more time to get there.

Meet at the Sinclair Gas station. In Snowville there are 2 stations right next to each other. The Sinclair is the smaller one on the north.

Randy,
Might want to do updates to the beginning of the thread to reflect this info. If anyone looks here the dates are wrong and no other quick info on meeting places unless you read the whole thread.

I will be bringing my trailer. I have installed 13" tires/wheels and installing a pintle hitch system soon. I do have some ATV ramps that I can bring if you feel we will need them.

George.
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:33 am

ghcoe wrote:
Wolffarmer wrote:Okay meet you in Snowville on the 9th. About 2 pm to give people coming from Western Idaho a bit more time to get there.

Meet at the Sinclair Gas station. In Snowville there are 2 stations right next to each other. The Sinclair is the smaller one on the north.

Randy,
Might want to do updates to the beginning of the thread to reflect this info. If anyone looks here the dates are wrong and no other quick info on meeting places unless you read the whole thread.

I will be bringing my trailer. I have installed 13" tires/wheels and installing a pintle hitch system soon. I do have some ATV ramps that I can bring if you feel we will need them.

George.

Very good to have a pintle hitch. Hope it is not needed. Good to have ramps, never know. I may tent it.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Re: Mordor v4.0 MAY 9th 2019 Golden Spike National Monument

Postby Lithosis » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:23 pm

I've been off tnttt for a while. Looks like a lot happened. I wont be able to make this one sadly. Have to work the 10th. :cry: :cry: :cry: My attendance is necessary for me to get my next raise. I might have a discussion with my boss about moving the date.
Lithosis
Teardrop Builder

Postby ghcoe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Lithosis wrote:I've been off tnttt for a while. Looks like a lot happened. I wont be able to make this one sadly. Have to work the 10th. :cry: :cry: :cry: My attendance is necessary for me to get my next raise. I might have a discussion with my boss about moving the date.

I can bring a stool! It will give you a raise..... :lol:

Bringing the trailer if you can make it?
George.

ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Lithosis » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:28 pm

My current trailer plan is to have it ready to roll in two weeks. If all goes well I'll have the trailer, and I'll have time to get the pickup running smooth. No idea if that will work out though. I'm having some pretty big struggles. I tried to skin it with 1/4" baltic birch, but that stuff would not bend for me. I had to pull that all off and I'm trying again. Luckily, Twin Falls has 1/8" for sale. Idaho Falls only had 1/4". I was looking at your other trip, and thinking about dropping in for that one too.
Lithosis
Teardrop Builder

Postby ghcoe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Lithosis wrote:My current trailer plan is to have it ready to roll in two weeks. If all goes well I'll have the trailer, and I'll have time to get the pickup running smooth. No idea if that will work out though. I'm having some pretty big struggles. I tried to skin it with 1/4" baltic birch, but that stuff would not bend for me. I had to pull that all off and I'm trying again. Luckily, Twin Falls has 1/8" for sale. Idaho Falls only had 1/4". I was looking at your other trip, and thinking about dropping in for that one too.

Are you talking about the Oregon Geology Tour? That is not my trip, I am just attending like this one. Should be a good trip though, lots of cool things to see. Not sure if you saw the main thread on that, but he does have some rules for your rig to attend. This is the thread, you might have to sign up to the forum to see/read the forum though, unless you already are signed up, https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/ ... ur.203323/ .

Would be cool to have you along on that one too. :thumbsup:
George.

ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Lithosis » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Are you talking about the Oregon Geology Tour? That is not my trip, I am just attending like this one. Should be a good trip though, lots of cool things to see. Not sure if you saw the main thread on that, but he does have some rules for your rig to attend. This is the thread, you might have to sign up to the forum to see/read the forum though, unless you already are signed up, https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/ ... ur.203323/ .

No, I meant the Gorge rerun you had on facebook. I don't think I'll make it all the way out to Central Oregon just yet. Although, I think my pickup might be up for it.
Lithosis
Teardrop Builder

Postby ghcoe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Lithosis wrote:

No, I meant the Gorge rerun you had on facebook. I don't think I'll make it all the way out to Central Oregon just yet. Although, I think my pickup might be up for it.

Nice! :thumbsup: Seems like a long drive for a day trip. You visiting/staying with relatives in the area then? Seems to me you mentioned some relative in the area here. Going to be weird, because a guy from Idaho Falls is planning to show up too!
George.

ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Lithosis » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:35 am

ghcoe wrote:
Lithosis wrote:
Nice! Seems like a long drive for a day trip. You visiting/staying with relatives in the area then? Seems to me you mentioned some relative in the area here. Going to be weird, because a guy from Idaho Falls is planning to show up too!

My parents live there in meridian. I dunno, I haven't planned out the logistics all the way yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lithosis
Teardrop Builder

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Stopped by the BLM office yesterday.
Talk to a young lady at the front desk.
Turn out you can use the Avenza map app. to track your movement on the rail bed after you download the
BLM Utah Trans Continental Railroad map to your devise.

See you in two weeks... :applause: :thumbsup: :D
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby ghcoe » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Yup! Looking forward to this trip. Should be a good one. At least the company will be good. :thumbsup:
George.

ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North West