FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:08 am

WOW!!! Dude , you certainly don’t look 90 … :o
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby mkeogh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:55 pm

rjgimp wrote:
GPW wrote:And at 70 now , I’m not getting any younger...

On that topic... I recall a hundred or so pages back that folks were giving you :new-bday: salutations... on MY birthday, 10/21! Do I recall that correctly? Looks like we are an even 20 years apart.
Newbie here (long time lurker/admirer), I have to comment because MY birthday is also 10/21. Being 30 years old, I am an even 40 and 60 years apart from you folks. I just think that's neat :)

*Retreats back into the corner of the tnttt room.* I promise once I enter a more solid design phase I'll start up a build journal! Thanks for sharing your journey, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
mkeogh
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:28 am

A most Happy Birthday to Both of you guys …. when it happens … 8) :thumbsup:

Question : why am I now always the oldest guy in the room ..??? :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:41 am

My trophy wife and I decided to start counting backwards when we hit 40, so I am now 'self-identifying' as 30! Glen, you can do the same and be 50 if you want. All the cool kids are just announcing that they are something else these days, and magically it is so! Join the fun. :lol:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:45 am

No worries Rob … Due to a good diet and exercise , although I’m 70 now , I don’t look any older than 69 and a half … ;) ... :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed May 01, 2019 6:56 am

Well Darn , if it’s not May 1 already and that means we’re a month out from Hurricane season , and the reason why we did all this in the first place… :thumbsup: Time to get the FoamStream ready for Duty … going to move it out of the Winter parking area and onto the area in front of the Studio for quick access to the tools … Just a little cleaning , maybe a little touch up painting …. and a new Rug for the floor …
Making my list , going to check all the supplies … the yearly gear Inventory , which seems to get Larger every year .. :o
Welcome to Summer !!! With all the Rough weather we’ve all had for Winter , I fear Summer will be a doozy … :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Wed May 01, 2019 7:20 pm

I wish you an extraordinarily boring hurricane season and pray the FoamStream never needs to leave the yard.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Thu May 02, 2019 5:53 am

Thanks Rob , we could use a Quiet summer for a change … ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat May 11, 2019 8:26 am

WARNING: Reality Alert !!! Just starting to inventory all the Camping/EVAC “gear” we find not only is there a lot more than expected to account for , but it’s difficult to even get to … :o Too Much “Stuff" !!! ... looks like Everything will require “dusting” … There will be some attempt to condense this eqpt …. That may require some Spartan ideals and a large garbage can … Some stuff we just don’t need … some we can’t do without …. the difficulty is determining the difference …. :lol: And then , there’s the “What If’s ? “ :NC
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue May 28, 2019 5:44 am

With only Four days left before the official beginning of Hurricane season , we only have a little cleanup , putting a new Rug in the trailer and adding all the cushions and pillows … One more year , the FoamStream continues to provide a little “peace of mind” , with very little expense or maintenance … especially now with new Board floor and really effective “Drip Edges” ... :thumbsup:

Another Season … Ready again !!! ;)
Seeing the severity of recent storms North of us , one can only image the forthcoming Hurricane season … :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:28 am

Yesterday , we pulled the FS into place by my Studio, cleaned out all the inside , hoovered , did a little caulking on the board floor , and sprayed a little canned foam into a couple bottom wall areas where we had air bubbles in the outer covering ? For what good it did , now we have SOLID bubbles … :o Although we tried to keep pressing the foam flat ( with a board) , overnight it just ballooned out again … Not Pretty , but it’s solid and sealed now , so that’s all that’s really important … :R ( I may be able to paint a dark stripe on the bottom and disguise it ? )
After all that the plan was to go to the local carpet store and search for a remnant to carpet the FS … We got there at 1:30 PM , but they closed at 1:00 ( Saturday ) :duh:

So today we’ll give it a good wash outside, it sure needs it … the least we can do , and we’ll shop for carpet tomorrow … :thinking: Except for the carpeting we’re ready to go … again …

Note: The Drip Edging has certainly proven it’s worth the floor underneath is still perfectly dry …

Six years now , the longest we had any trailer hold up so far … This Foamie trailer thing has worked out Great … Thrifty too !!! :D
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:40 am

Anybody have a preference between indoor or outdoor carpet for a trailer … ??? Image
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby greygoos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 am

My own preference for trailer carpet is outdoor. It is less expensive, you can get it wet and dries easier than indoor carpeting. when it gets dirty you can pull it outside , hose it down and dry it out. It is also lighter than indoor carpeting.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:47 am

greygoos wrote:My own preference for trailer carpet is outdoor. It is less expensive, you can get it wet and dries easier than indoor carpeting. when it gets dirty you can pull it outside , hose it down and dry it out. It is also lighter than indoor carpeting.

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 am

Well , my little “Carpet Corner “ had no indoor outdoor carpet :( … But I got two nice remnants for $20 each and that will have to do it for now … Cheap enough if they get ruined they can be easily replaced … ;)
They did have a nice looking roll of black and white squares linoleum or Vinyl (?) I may have to go back and see if I can get a piece for the galley as that area won’t be carpeted … :thinking:

After the fact … Last check again , the spray foam did a Great job of filling the air pocket I had in the outer skin … such a good job that I still have that huge solid Blister of foam, sticking out ... :o It’s a SOLID repair though … “structure before beauty “ … :oops:
Today is scheduled to wash the outside and install the carpet , then we’ll be ready for EVAC … Everything else has been gone over , listed , checked … About as ready as it’s going to get … Image

Ps. You can see the Morning Dew streaming down the sides …. More damaging than the rain as it’s Every day … But the drip edges take care of it … No more problems … :D
Attachments
DSCN1761.jpg
DSCN1761.jpg (119.52 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies