So Far...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

So Far...

Postby Dahlia47 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:13 pm

I have done quite a bit to the homemade travel trailer we bought. I gave it a new coat of paint, new floor last week, I made a small kitchen sink with gravity fed water and a grey water tank,made a canopy bed for our daughter, bought a small solar generator, a new cover for the futon, a cassette potty, air conditioner, a heater, i did decide to go with hot plate (some camp sites in Texas will eventually have a burn ban, there for I cant use the fire pit that is at the campsite), I also got a little thing that acts as an agitator to wash clothes in a small bin(pretty cool actually!). I also outfitted the outside to make a little addition for a bathroom, I hang the poles, put the shower curtains up, put the porta potty in there, the little shower head and bucket, presto! An outside bathroom! During warm weather of course!
The LAST thing I need, before I redo the roof, is a small mini fridge! I say mini, because I have a space of 13.5" H x 8" W x 11"D. I am in between the cooluli and the gourmia. Does anyone have experience between the two? Any other brands to suggest?
Cant forget the roof! Any good tutorials on how to redo a plywood roof?
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Re: So Far...

Postby Atomic77 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Dahlia47 wrote:I have done quite a bit to the homemade travel trailer we bought. I gave it a new coat of paint, new floor last week, I made a small kitchen sink with gravity fed water and a grey water tank,made a canopy bed for our daughter, bought a small solar generator, a new cover for the futon, a cassette potty, air conditioner, a heater, i did decide to go with hot plate (some camp sites in Texas will eventually have a burn ban, there for I cant use the fire pit that is at the campsite), I also got a little thing that acts as an agitator to wash clothes in a small bin(pretty cool actually!). I also outfitted the outside to make a little addition for a bathroom, I hang the poles, put the shower curtains up, put the porta potty in there, the little shower head and bucket, presto! An outside bathroom! During warm weather of course!
The LAST thing I need, before I redo the roof, is a small mini fridge! I say mini, because I have a space of 13.5" H x 8" W x 11"D. I am in between the cooluli and the gourmia. Does anyone have experience between the two? Any other brands to suggest?
Cant forget the roof! Any good tutorials on how to redo a plywood roof?
Sounds like you are on the right track! Good for you. It sounds like you will be having a great camping season! I'm excited to see pictures of all your hard work!
www.astroliner.blogspot.com

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: So Far...

Postby Dahlia47 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:10 pm

OMG! I have had so much fun working on our travel trailer! I forgot, I got a small charcoal grill for it and added a wheel to the neck of the trailer. Its so light that we can actually just push and pull it and put it in its place. We have already taken it out 3 times. We will be taking it out again in May. Cant wait to try out all the new stuff! Surprisingly, with the stuff I have added, I haven't really added much weight. Which is another reason why such a small fridge. And I will probably only be refridgerating milk and butter, mayo and yogurt, meats. Keeping the weight low also makes It so easy to pull with the truck.

Ill be posting some pics before our next outting! :)
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion