A question about going to the bathroom while camping.. witho

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

A question about going to the bathroom while camping.. witho

Postby Jessalynftw » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 am

Okay ladies, first I'll give a little introduction, I'm Jessalyn and my SO and I are remodeling an older trailer. I'm no stranger to camping, although I do know there are things out there that would make my camping life so much easier and some I've already discovered on this fantastic forum!

Anyways, on to the question. Our trailer doesn't have the room for a potty in it, so when we're not fortunate to have a bathroom around I need advice on a certain device I've heard a lot about. The female urinating device. Specifically the SheWee!

I must admit, I squealed with joy when I found out such a thing exists, but I figured before I get my hopes up too far, I'd ask if anyone has any experience on these and if they are in fact worth it.

Thank you all, and have a fantastic day!
Jessalynftw
Teardrop Inspector

Re: A question about going to the bathroom while camping.. w

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Jessalynftw wrote:Okay ladies, first I'll give a little introduction, I'm Jessalyn and my SO and I are remodeling an older trailer. I'm no stranger to camping, although I do know there are things out there that would make my camping life so much easier and some I've already discovered on this fantastic forum!

Anyways, on to the question. Our trailer doesn't have the room for a potty in it, so when we're not fortunate to have a bathroom around I need advice on a certain device I've heard a lot about. The female urinating device. Specifically the SheWee!

I must admit, I squealed with joy when I found out such a thing exists, but I figured before I get my hopes up too far, I'd ask if anyone has any experience on these and if they are in fact worth it.

Thank you all, and have a fantastic day!

Hi, Jessalyn and welcome! If you haven't already read it, you will probably thoroughly enjoy (and chuckle) through the thread, Going Pee in the Middle of the Night, found here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=31771 There, I think they recommend the GoGirl. I searched for the SheWee in that topic; but, couldn't find it. I've not heard of it.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jessalynftw » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Oh my goodness, that thread is awesome! Lots of good information and humor :) thank you!
Jessalynftw
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Bluebunny » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:45 am

Look at the "lady J" at campmore.com They may also have the shewee?
off topic Stitch-and-Glue ply kayak build... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 254&type=3
Bluebunny
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 14, 2015 11:09 pm

A little trick I was reminded of last year is to get some pliers and pull the spout of the laundry soap bottle. There, all contained. Era bottles need to be cut out but the others seal perfectly and don't smell... :D
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mary C » Sun May 24, 2015 10:48 pm

Adding only ...........practice in the shower using any of the devices. once you can go standing try it on your knees. it took me a little practice and now it is very easy. my problem using it in the TD was I almost died when I had to look for the bottle and the other. I really had to go and almost lost it befor I could get it all together. Now I leave it all out and very ready.

Now I have to go look for the she wee.

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cathy P. » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:07 am

Shewee video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAS5TFlAMc

I once attempted to use the early one, female add-on, that wasn't flexible with the Johnny on the Spot and have been hesitant to try another.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby robertaw » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:13 pm

I've had so little luck with those devices. I bought several, but never got past the psychological block if I remember correctly. :oops:

About 4 years ago, I just went an purchased a portable potty. It goes in my tent, or in my trailer. Whatever I am camping in, it goes in. It's been a great addition to my camping supplies that I wish I had owned when my kids were little. Just bought a pop-up trailer with a Thetford cassette and shower built in, so looks like my porta-a-potty will be handed down to one of my daughters. It was always well worth it to make space for, especially in the middle of the night or emergencies.

Emptying was no big deal. The chemicals turned everything to purple non-smelling water. Just dump down a toilet or sewage. No lumps, no smell, no grossness. Not even TP left. :thumbsup:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby rebapuck » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:32 am

I used a portapottyfor many years, but disliked that there was always a certain odor that, though faint, was always there. They are impossible to clean thoroughly.
My current solution is the Wag Bags. Not sure if you could use them in a teardrop. Do your #1 or #2, close the bag, toss in the trash.

The GoGirl works, but in a teardrop?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby KennethW » Fri May 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Here is a quick set up option. At night slip it on when setting on the lue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7NFRjm5zJ4
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Lady Teardroppers