FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks Goose , we’re on High alert , but it looks like a “heavy Rain” event (?) … We’ll just have to keep an eye on it’s progress, but it won’t take but a couple hours and we’ll zip right away from here … We’re better prepared this year, much better than any other … Fingers crossed , and if it’s not too intense , we’ll just "shelter in place" … using our FoamStream gear for the same purpose … at home . :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby pchast » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Luck with it.... :thumbsup:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 am

Thanks PC …
Looks like we’re going to have a “passunder" , where the bulk of the Hurricane passes under us in the warm Gulf of Mexico on the way to Texas, but we’ll still get tons of winds and rain …. Forecast for 12” of rain overall , and everybody here knows pretty much what to do … it floods all the time …We are like Holland , some parts at a minus sea level protected by levees (dikes) , Huge “pumping stations” continuously pump water out of the city , but they can only handle rains of 1”/hour … otherwise its a flooding situation … Happens all the time … :R

And then sometimes those “models” are Wrong and the storm comes right at us … :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 am

Well then , the storm is leaving , not too bad where we are… FoamStream did not get used … yet … Still early into the season … :NC

But we were Ready !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Glad to hear this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 am

Thanks Bonnie !!!
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:10 pm

DOOR KNOBS !!! :o I bought what I thought was a very nice ( name brand , not cheap ) stainless steel EXTERIOR door knob/ lock for the FoamStream , the other day we noticed the door was always open ??? Ghosts ??? Gremlins ? Wild Animals ??? Turned out it was the stupid door lock , the inside of which was NOT Exterior or stainless and was all RUSTED solid … :frightened: We cleaned it up as much as we could and sprayed the inside with “ Fluid Film” my new favorite rust treatment put it all back again …. Today I noticed the door ajar … again … so added a little SS clamp on a screw that pivots over the door and holds it closed physically , like a chicken house … Tired of that foolishness eh !!!  :R :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:24 am

Coming up to the peak of the Hurricane season , the FoamStream is more ready than it’s ever been , and the tropics are heating up … I Hope any storms that form are only “ Fish storms” … missing the whole country ( even Hawaii ) … None of us need any more disasters... :frightened: Good Luck to us all !!!
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:00 am

With Dorian headed this way (possibly) we’re ready !!! :thumbsup: Today is the anniversdary of Katrina … the storm that got me started thinking about EVAC trailers … :thinking: Good Luck to All !!! ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:28 am

Well, with the winding down of Hurricane /EVAC season , we’re ready to start thinking about next year .. Going on the seventh year … Foamies do LAST !!! :D :thumbsup:

Now I have a new project . Trying to bring back a 50 year old car . We might have to make a smaller trailer for it to tow … It will have to be very light.. :o

It sorta’ has that teardrop look to start eh !!! 8)
Attachments
thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-2.jpeg (113.54 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby tac422 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:00 am

What's the year and model of the car ?

Looks like a worthwhile project .
Last edited by tac422 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tac422
500 Club

Postby rmclarke » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Oh man....a Saab 96....used to have one, a 1972 model...loved that thing...V-4 engine....4 speed on the column...."freewheel" drive.....awesome in the snow....wish I would have had the foresight to keep it.. :(
"When a hammer is the only tool you own, every problem begins to look like a nail..."

ImageFrom this: Image to this: Image Finally!!
rmclarke
The 300 Club

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:36 am

Guys , it’s a 1969 96 V4 … It’s got some Rust issues that need to be taken care of( welding time ) , but it runs … and I think with some beefier rear shocks , may be able to tow a small Foamie trailer ( ~ 65 hp. ) … One with a similar shape ( tear drop … :thumbsup: ) We have to cut out some panels and weld in replacement … We ran across a rare few that were in better shape , but this one was “affordable “ … a “ fixer upper” …. all part of the Fun … :D It’s quite a project for me , but once we get the rust issues repaired/replaced, it will be “driveable” …
I don’t want to make something that sits in the garage to be looked at and dusted occasionally … They’re FUN to drive !!! Some grinding and welding , the kiss of a spit bomb and we’ll be on the road … We’ve met some really Nice people who can supply all the little detail parts we’d need , so it’s all good …
Now I’ll have to think about a “matching TD Trailer ??? :thinking: 8)

Naturally , first thing we got the car home , we took it all apart :o … did a thorough search for rust holes ( there were many ) and some areas that need to be cut out and replaced …( see pics ) … The rest is just many small rust holes … despite the many holes , the body is still very Sound and the rusted areas aren’t in critical spots ( save that rear inner fender … )

And we found this great stuff for dealing with rust prevention … “ Fluid Film” .. Its natural , and it really works as a preventative and arrestor in areas that are prone to rusting ( I’m thinking trailer springs etc. ) … at the auto parts store … :thumbsup:
Attachments
rust.jpg
rust.jpg (117.24 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:28 pm

A '69....96? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How awesome is that?

Don't forget the... :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:26 am

Rob, I was excited to even find one …Took over a year searching for one I could afford … :D :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies