Why a bathroom tent?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Why a bathroom tent?

Postby mexican tear » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Bigwoods wrote:Now that were older, my wife is a lot more comfortable changing clothes and maybe a quick wash up... She always makes me stand guard. She had a dream she was starkkers and a gust of wind blue it away. :shock: :shock:

My wife was using the pop up pooper when a gust of wind blue it away. She will not use the "PUP" unless I stake it and rope it from the top.
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:11 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Here's something new that I just saw on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/cheddar/videos ... c2MTgxMDM/

OK, the slide of her standing there holding his hand is just plain creepy! :shock:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:Here's something new that I just saw on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/cheddar/videos ... c2MTgxMDM/

OK, the slide of her standing there holding his hand is just plain creepy! :shock:

Tom

I agree; although, if it was a scared or sick child or young teen, I might think differently.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Cosmo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:41 am

I thought the hand holding was romantic.
Are these tents sound proof?

I am thinking about a his and her over the head tent for those romantic teardrop trailer dates that want to hold hands while doing everything together.

Baw haw haw haw haw.
Last edited by Cosmo on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby aggie79 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:15 am

We love our Camp Inn side tent. It seals pretty tight to the teardrop, and we make it bug-proof by adding painters tape to the edges. Having it attached to the teardrop gives a bug-free environment that is large enough for the porta-potty - #1 only - and place to store shoes, and that is tall enough to stand up and change clothes. We leave the teardrop door open so in the cooler months, the screen area provides plenty of air flow and doesn't starve the fantastic fan as happens with the door closed and the window open. In the cooler and cold months, we place a small ceramic heater in the tent and have flow through heat.

The only downsides are that it is a little pricey and it does take some time to set up.

Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby kirkupnorth » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Pinstriper wrote:In all seriously, you want something like this. I chose this off the list just because they had the picture of how easy it is to uncoil and set up by itself. (Coiling it back down to pack is a different story but once you grock it, its really is simple)

WolfWise Easy Pop Up Privacy Shower Tent Portable Outdoor Sun Shelter Camp Toilet Changing Dressing Room https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FXNRCWM/re ... hDbS077QZH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This Wolfwise is what we use when camping with our CTC. This works GREAT as a shower! We've been very happy with it. It sets up in about 5 seconds, and it's also easy to fold back up and stow in its bag. When stowed, it takes up very little space.
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:27 pm

This was our "bathroom" for the last six days. Running water and a nice view. :thumbsup:

So yeah, why a bathroom tent? :thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:25 pm

tony.latham wrote:So yeah, why a bathroom tent? :thinking:

Because the campground owner called the sheriff when I pooped in a bucket without one. :cry:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 pm

My question is (essentially) why a bucket?

Yes, yes, I know, what bear, dear, etc. eliminate after processing their food is natural, but what humans eliminate is hazardous waste! :thinking:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby TimC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:23 pm

I'm with the sawdust pot crowd for sure. Amazing what a couple of hadfuls of pine shavings in a Luggable Loo will hide/cover/deodorize! I've also use leaf mold when I run out of sawdust or shavings. Works like a champ. Had a port-a-potti years ago. That's a sickening job to empty it, especially when you are not related to the contents.

Now, if I could just find biodegradable plastic bags that would fit my 5 gallon bucket I would feel better about tossing the waste each day.

As far as a tent I have one of these. Kinda heavy, kinda tricky to put up/down, but, a shower/dressing room/potti room all in one and I can place it as far as needed from my TD to ward off any embarrassment. It won't blow away with someone in it. It has a floor.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-2-Room-Instant-Shower-Utility-Shelter/42391766
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby 1960es » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:21 pm

I use the ozark trail instant one, too. I like it but the real reason I got it is because unlike most, the floor is attached to the rest of it. I was paranoid a copperhead would come in one of the others with the separate floor. It takes me about 10 minutes to setup so not instant but not bad either. That includes the rainfly.
1960es
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Karen Clancy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:34 pm

Have the single ozark trail shower tent , love it hardest part is putting on the rain fly . Start to finish less than 10 minutes to setup .
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby working on it » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:05 pm

1960es wrote:I use the ozark trail instant one, too. I like it but the real reason I got it is because unlike most, the floor is attached to the rest of it. I was paranoid a copperhead would come in one of the others ....

* When I first prepared for camping, after 30+ years not doing so, I had (and do still do have) a fear of snakes. I had a cottonmouth crawl thru my tent once in the Boy Scouts, atop my sleeping bag, just a couple of months after I saw the Rifleman snake episode...it left me super-wary of snakes ever since. I finished that camp-out, sleeping in the back of a station wagon, and carried a cot with me (against the rules) after that. It also doesn't help that I have snakes in my yard and garage, and kill 3-4 copperheads or moccasins every year. So, Ditto on getting a tent with a sewn-in floor, but in my case, it's the attached side-tent style.

* But I've since made adjustments so I don't have to depend on the flooring, and use an open-bottom tent. I string rope lights under my trailer and into the teepee pop-up tent I prefer, to illuminate all around for critter detection, and I have a push-button activated strip of LED's under each door, as a backup. I also have a good flashlight by each door, and never step out until I see what's underneath. I carry a good flashlight on my belt loops all the time, as I patrol the yard at night, protecting our 4 small dogs, 12 lbs and under (the two 100 lb dogs have sense enough to stay clear of the snakes). I figure that I should do the same at camp, especially with my decreasing nighttime acuity.

* Getting away from the topic, but still, I'd rather not get bit while "taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" (a funny saying I heard just today, referring to potty habits).
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TimC » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:52 am

TimC wrote:I'm with the sawdust pot crowd for sure...

Well, last night I tried to sign up on a site called boondockerswelcome.com

Seemed like a good way to offer my property to travelers and also to find private property where folks invite boondockers to stay. It probably still is, just thought I would pass on my experience trying to sign up. As I mentioned I use a sawdust toilet. I have no running water (carry a 2 gallon cooler), so, no grey water tank, no black water tank. I was rejected by boondockerswelcome.com because I don't have holding tanks. I explained to the woman in several different ways what a sawdust toilet is and how it is less of an environmental impact than the RV alternative, but, she rejected my application.

So, maybe a good site, maybe not. If you use it don't tell the administrator you use anything but a flush toilet (she says porta-potti is OK). And be up front with your hosts. Tell them you use an alternative toilet and how you dispose of the waste.

BTW, she assumed I was not "self-contained" by asking me about a picture of my TD in the boon docking site on my property. She said she was either going to tell me someone violated their self contained rule or I was. Is boondockerswelcom run by one of those folks we often run into at campgrounds...?
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby working on it » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:48 pm

* https://www.boondockerswelcome.com It's not for tear-droppers, or those with non-traditional small trailers like mine. It's only for RV'ers (Class A, B, C), and those that have gone the "dark side" (i.e. Scamps, Casitas, canned hams, some larger standees, and cargo conversions). You know, ones not actually "Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers". Totally self-contained.
What does "self-contained" mean? And why is this a requirement for guests?
A self-contained RV is one that is set up to allow all functions of living (sleeping, eating, cooking, and sanitation) to be handled completely while inside the RV. A toilet, sink, and built-in grey water holding tank are absolute requirements

* Not outdoors but indoor campers, like everyone eventually seems to turn to. I guess it's better for long-term travels, and better for the host's properties (no mess to cleanup after)? It makes sense, but it doesn't fit with my concept of "boondockers" or boondocking.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion