Newbie from West Virginia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from West Virginia

Postby Ricky Smith » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Hey everyone new to the group. I’d like to thank Mike for adding me to the forum. I’m planning on building a teardrop thru the fall and winter. My son just got married and my daughter is off to college all in the same weekend.So my wife and I suddenly have a lot of time on our hands, we’ve wanted to build a teardrop for a while and the time has finally come.
I do have a question. A lot of people use the harbor freight trailers as a platform to build from and I was planning on this as well. But I was reading the specs on it and it says max mph 45. So since I assume we all travel the interstates faster than that why do people still use them? Or am I missing something. Happy to a part of this forum, thanks Mile
Ricky Smith
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from West Virginia

Postby edgeau » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 am

There are many posts about that speed limit around the forum. Some seem to ignore it and others change the tires to higher rated ones. Do a bit of reading of old posts to get the details. I have tried to link one for you

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... are_type=t
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Postby Ricky Smith » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Thanks
Ricky Smith
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:42 pm

I'd suggest a Northern Tools 5' x 8' trailer instead. Build a five-wide. A foot is a mile inside a teardrop.

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ricky Smith » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:04 am

I was looking at that 5x8 trailer on the northern website. Thanks for the tip. I think I’ll get it.
Ricky Smith
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves